Oh my goodness!

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
Johnny is vocal. Not just like an occasional whine, he non-stop talks to you. If you look at him and speak, he barks (playful kind of bark, not mean). When I take him out of his kennel in the mornings so I can take him out to potty, he screams. Waiting for his food, more screaming. If I leave the room and he can't see me, more SCREAMS! This pup loves to sass me also. To be honest, he sasses me more than my kids. I'm sure some of you may have seen the video that I posted of him talking to me that I put up on Facebook. That video was actually tame compared to his normal self. I have NEVER seen a dog as vocal as little guy. Beefy talks a bit to me but that's usually only if food is involved. Do your babies talk to you?

Kassie

May 15, 2012
Alabama
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus McGee
YES! Rufus will 'talk' and if he gets into trouble he will sass lol like 'hey, woman Imma puppy! and I'm friggin cute!'

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Nope, not really, Jack barks, but he ain't talking to me. LOL

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Aubie loves to back talk! If she gets in trouble for something small, she will talk back. She also love to bark at anything and everything. She is a talker, that's for sure!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Miila talks when she is hungry and trying to tell me to feed her. Which could be 4 times in a day. Little beggar! haha She is getting a bit better about it lately tho thankfully cuz she tens to do it when the baby is napping. Stinker knows!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH is pretty quiet.

She only barks a quick yelp if a noise startles her or more if someone rings the doorbell.

She does a little low growl when we play and I take her toy. Nothing menacing though, more of a mimic of the Grrrrr I use when I take it.

OP
jen74401

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
It's cute when he does it but he can be quite loud at times. Earlier I was on the phone and he was looking at me barking like mad. I don't think he liked that I was talking to the phone and not to him. This pup sure has a personality all his own.

PeterPanAndWendy

Jul 27, 2011
Lindsey, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pan Cake
Pan is pretty quiet. He barks a bit if someone comes to the house, protecting his turf... or when we ask him "who's here," and when we're wrestling with him or trying to steal his toys (that's normally more of a grumble then a bark - hard to bark with a chewy in your mouth).

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.