HELP!!! The Seamus has arrived

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
We got Aubie when she was 10 weeks old. It took about a month of getting up with Aubie at 2am to let her out at night, but she quickly learned to hold it. I had to test her one night because I was so tired from getting up with her every night, and she passed with flying colors. She's been doing well with no night time potty breaks for about 3 weeks now I think. At first she was peeing during the day while we were gone (even with midday potty breaks), but now she holds it just fine while we are at work even on the days we can't make it to let her out. We learned to take out her bedding because she always peed with it; without it she won't potty unless she absolutely has to go and she's only had one accident. Luckily, she has never :poo:'d in her crate. We recently expanded her section to give her more room and she is doing fine. It takes time and patience, but you can do it! You will be exhausted, but take him out as much as he needs to go at first. He will get the hang of it with time.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Congrats!!! His coloring is amazing. Welcome to the whacky and wonderful world of EBs!

OP
ccurran

ccurran

Apr 17, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Bulldog(s) Names
Seamus
Thanks everybody! Your advice has been amazing as always. We had a good night last night. I slept on the couch next to the crate and my husband slept in bed since he was exhausted. Seamus only whined a little bit but once I stuck my hand in the crate he calmed down and fell asleep. We put him in the crate for bed around 9:15pm (we were soooo tired from the previous night) and then I took him out at 11pm, 2pm and 5pm. He had no accidents in the crate and went to the bathroom immediately when I took him out. Its a little bit of an adjustment for him since at his breeders he could just walk out the back door. We live on the 7th floor of an apartment building so I have to walk him down the hallway, get on the elevator and out the back. So I try to adjust everything to give us an extra 10 mins to get outside. He seems to be doing well though all things considering.

I have starting giving him some carrots and green beans when doing training and then just a few doggie treats during the day.

Thanks again for everything! Off to the vets today to make sure he is doing okay!

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online