Do the papers really matter?

PeterPanAndWendy

Jul 27, 2011
Lindsey, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pan Cake
We have had Pan for over two years and I have failed to Send in his papers. We are not planning on breeding him, he is solely for my own personal enjoyment. I have his papers hanging on our cork board all filled out and ready to go. But am just not in a hurry to send them in.

Am I alone in this, or do you guys think it's best to send them in?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
If it doesn't matter to you ....... then it doesn't matter!!! :2thumbs:

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Even though we're not planning on showing or breeding Ellie Mae, we sent in her papers on line the day after bringing her home. I looked at it not so much to say "my dog has papers" or "she has x number of champions in her bloodlines," but more of a comfort level for me. After dropping, what I consider a lot of money, on her, it was nice to have something to look at to reassure me.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
our breeder filed the paperwork for us, we just got the certificate in the mail. to us, it didn't matter, but since we cross the US/CAD border quite often, i think its a security blanket for me to have papers and microchip info on hand.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Our Breeder sent the documents in and we received the certificate in the mail, but in the past for other dogs I have sent them in as like spork3197 I paid so much, I too like to have them for my own records.

OP
PeterPanAndWendy

PeterPanAndWendy

Jul 27, 2011
Lindsey, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pan Cake
I definitely know the feeling about *excuse me if I clear my throat* dropping a lot of money... Before Pan we had pound puppies, no reason to file paperwork on them. Shoot, I had to jump through hoops when i went to get one of them fixed because they they wrote HER up as a one year old male... definitely not one and missing a few key parts to be a boy...lol

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.