Do you worry about your dog walking around in PetSmart

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
maybe it's the nurse in me..and the "germ" thing..but I get very nervous with Chester walking around in PetSmart.. heck, I get nervous that I walk around in there and then walk into my house with my shoes on :eek: It seems to me that floor has to be filled with microbes from all those "accidents" :p

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Never would have thought of that even. Hmmm..... Makes me glad that i dont go into those stores very often now. Then again we carry all those germs into our house on our shoes anyhow. Interesting...

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I think at Pet Smart, at least they use a disinfectant cleanser to clean up the accidents. So I haven't had those fears there. We have decided we are never going visiting at any of the "doggy parks" in the area though. I don't like to think about all the things that could be 'caught' at one of those. :eek:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yeah, another reason to take your shoes off when you come into my house....

And yes, I think about that stuff ALL the time. Cuz I am OCD. I hated taking Yuna and Tidus to the vet. Saw dog hair on the floor. Why would they not sweep the floor in between appointments?

Oh, it is because most people would not see that and think 'germs', 'parvo hair', ect. .....but I do, I will admit it. :eek:

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I think at Pet Smart, at least they use a disinfectant cleanser to clean up the accidents. So I haven't had those fears there. We have decided we are never going visiting at any of the "doggy parks" in the area though. I don't like to think about all the things that could be 'caught' at one of those. :eek:

Yes, I had a student that worked at Petsmart and they disinfect the floors regularly since there are bound to be accidents, plus they have those little stations with disinfectant and paper towels - though who knows how many people take advantage of those. I like to walk the pups around there in the summer in AZ because it's nice and cool and they get to visit with other doggies and get a boat load of attention from passers by. :)

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
We haven't had Gertie or Ida to Petsmart or Petco. the place I really worry about is the vet's office. I take paper towels and sanitizer with me, they aren't allowed on the floor, I sanitize the seat they sit on and the exam table (just in case it wasn't done between patients). I would NEVER go to a dog park!! :eek:

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
The lady that we got Faith from told us she was all germy scared && would bleach her dogs feet every time they got home from Petsmart or petco.. :X
Personally we're not that germ crazy. My mom raised me saying that germs can be good for you sometime.. makes you immune strong :p lol now wether its true or not whoo knowsss. lol But we love taking the kids to petsmart in the summer like [MENTION=860]jillh10[/MENTION] said to get out of the house in cool A.c lol

bbstubbles

Jan 31, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Olaf & Ivana
Hmmm I am not toooo germ crazy and I am a nurse. Although since becoming one I have become a bit more aware but I think germs are good....not all of course. I really only get concerned about parvo. We live in an apartment and take that chance every time they go potty. So I guess I am not worried taking them to petsmart. Funny tho cause olaf poops everytime we go in there. Very embarrassing. We clean it up with the sanitizer everytime.

Weberbulldogs

Jun 24, 2010
North Georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
Halo & her Baby Moose & 2 Frenchies Herschel and Margo
Yes I worry, maybe a little too much I hate going out to stores especially if I have puppies at home. I keep a bottle of trifectant infront of my car and spray my shoes if I go out. I also have a bottle for my husband so he can spray his shoes after work everyday :)

We don't take the dogs into petsmart, petco etc. too many germs, & dog owners that don't have control of their dogs!

OP
LisaRN

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Funny tho cause olaf poops everytime we go in there. Very embarrassing. We clean it up with the sanitizer everytime.

Oh my goodness.. Chester is the SAME way. We will "time" our visit there so we go right after he does #2.. and sure enough, he'll go anyway. I make my husband clean it up though :p

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I don't worry about it. I don't take Samson to the dog park anymore because he was viciously attacked and I am just too scared to anymore but I'd wouldn't let him drink from the community bowl at the dog park.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I don't worry about it. I don't take Samson to the dog park anymore because he was viciously attacked and I am just too scared to anymore but I'd wouldn't let him drink from the community bowl at the dog park.

I don't worry about Petsmart, I think I own the ONLY EB in our town, it takes me forever to get out of there because of all the questions, number one being Ooohhh he's old isen't he??? NO he is 14 months (a pup), but my point is the DOG PARK, when it is cooler out we do take Vegas, I can NOT believe the agressive dogs there, we have packed up and left before, even though Vegas loves it. A big black lab was pulling the skin on his neck quite a distance because he has alot of skin/rolls there, continuously and the owner DID NOTHING, I tried to keep them apart but of course Vegas fell in love with the abuser!! We still take him and in his mind he is a Mastiff, he always goes for the biggest dog at the park and falls in "love" he can't play with the tall dogs but he sure can body slam them when they are down!!

Members online