Cutty just got home from his 6 week check up....

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
And thank gawd Dr Kraemer sees nothing wrong with his knee. I have been sick, (literally) thinking he injured it somehow after his acl surgery because there is a bump on the inside of his knee of some sort. Dr thinks it is just a reaction to his sutures and his knee looks good. :phew: Now he is enjoying some well deserved freedom off leash at the moment and after having his nails trimmed and anals expressed he is happy as can be. Now to figure out how to keep him somewhat contained with freedom so he still does no damage for the next 6 weeks or so. [MENTION=2415]AdventuresWithOliver[/MENTION] what are you doing exactly? Total freedom or partial or what? I know he cant be left alone to play with Miila and Mugsy which I know he will want to but other than that how strict are you with Oliver?

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
What great news Jenn! If it was my dog, I'd be doing partial freedom and still under supervision. That's who we did it with Ace and he had two TPLOs as you know. I used to use the pastic lattic and I cute is in half length wise and would block off a good size area of the room so he had room to move around and I was able to move around the house too. So glad the news was good!!! :)

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
What great news Jenn! If it was my dog, I'd be doing partial freedom and still under supervision. That's who we did it with Ace and he had two TPLOs as you know. I used to use the pastic lattic and I cute is in half length wise and would block off a good size area of the room so he had room to move around and I was able to move around the house too. So glad the news was good!!! :)

Thanks Jeannie. I figure when I have to be out of home he will go back to the bedroom gated which I know he wont like at all. So far he is staying right with me unleashed and happy. So long as he doesnt try jumping on couches or rough housing he is ok but that is my worry. Miila gets that look in her eye when he is around and just wants to pounce on him. lol. Have to say it is so nice to see him happy. Been a long time since that face has looked so chipper and it makes mama happy for sure.

May 18, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver
And thank gawd Dr Kraemer sees nothing wrong with his knee. I have been sick, (literally) thinking he injured it somehow after his acl surgery because there is a bump on the inside of his knee of some sort. Dr thinks it is just a reaction to his sutures and his knee looks good. :phew: Now he is enjoying some well deserved freedom off leash at the moment and after having his nails trimmed and anals expressed he is happy as can be. Now to figure out how to keep him somewhat contained with freedom so he still does no damage for the next 6 weeks or so. @AdventuresWithOliver what are you doing exactly? Total freedom or partial or what? I know he cant be left alone to play with Miila and Mugsy which I know he will want to but other than that how strict are you with Oliver?
Yay, Cutty! I'm glad the bump wasn't anything serious! I'm sure you're relieved. We are allowing Oliver off leash in the backyard but he is supervised. I have an advantage since Oliver is an "only child". Haha! We haven't resumed playing at the dog park and I don't think we'll return until September. It's too hot anyway. Oliver isn't a runner, so I don't have too much to worry about. In fact, we went for a walk last night and he decided he was done before we turned to come home, so my husband hand to CARRY him home. Hahaha!

Here's to hoping both Cutty & Oliver can put these surgeries behind them and have strong, healthy legs!
XO

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
So glad all is well! Such a long journey to this point, you're almost there!! Give Cutty a big hug from me :)

Sent from my iPod touch using

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh thats awsome news. im so glad hes better and the bump was nothing. id probably just do a partial freedom to. wow now its time to party. :peace2:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So glad everything was fine and now just few more weeks.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Oh Hon...please don't do the guilt thing, you don't deserve it! My opinion
is keep him contained and apart from your other dogs, hard on all but it will
pass soon enough then back to normal. So glad he's back home w/Mom!
Texas Carol & Brutie

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Great news Jenn. Give my Cutty a big hug from me. ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.