Happy pee?

Deevod

May 30, 2012
Idaho
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
So lola has been doing absolutely wonderful with potty training up until a couple days ago... she likes to happy pee... you know, wiggle her butt and pee without even squatting. Its only a little, but we want to break it. Ideas???

Sent from my cell phone.... please disregard any spelling errors. Thank you. :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1342198119896.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1342198119896.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 123

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Don't make her happy....just kidding. My Usko (male) happy pees still sometimes and he is 20 months old. He can hold for a long time (haven't tried more than 10 hours, that is too much too), but he happy pees if he sees somebody he likes on the way out and I can't do anything but clean the mess....so if there's some tricks other than taking him out so he can't see anybody, it's welcome here too:D

And I for some reason think it's quite endearing for him, my little big boy, to get so happy, that he pees...:luv:

Last edited:

fortindycouple

Apr 28, 2012
Indianapolis, IN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack
Our Jack does it, on occasion. The only time he does is when one of our teens brings friends over. They give him all kinds if attention and next thing ya know, piddle

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Emma used to do that to until about 5.5 months (she's 7.5 months now). She would cower down a bit too in a happy way when she met someone and would piddle just a bit. The only thing that sorta helped was petting her and trying to calm her down in a good postive way when she met someone.

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
happy pee is normal...generally they grow outta it as they get older. titan used to get so excited when we came home...role on his back and pee into the air....

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
happy pee is normal...generally they grow outta it as they get older. titan used to get so excited when we came home...role on his back and pee into the air....

That is hilarious!! Pookie is my happy pee-er. I was a bit worried at first cuz he did it so often but like others have said, he is now over 6 months old and is doing much better with it. My first concerns were UTI or even spina bifida because he was very hard to potty train. But he grew out of it!

Sent from my iPod touch using

OP
Deevod

Deevod

May 30, 2012
Idaho
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Thanks for the reassurance! I'm glad they grow out of it. I think it is because she is in a house full of people right now... and they keep talking to her in the high pitched excited voice every time they see her. I hope she doesn't roll to her back and happy pee!

Sent from my cell phone.... please disregard any spelling errors. Thank you. :)

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse

This is exactely what Ftse would do when I got home from work, but has seemed to outgrow this but still has happy pees at times when someone comes to visit.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Here's a great article from Cesar's Way, written by a guy named Martin Deeley. Good stuff here. Bottom line: he says that puppies grow out of that happy pees. I've never had this problem but my mother and step dad had a dog that used to submissive pee and he NEVER stopped doing it. In fact, he would roll over and be like a dog pee fountain at times. Of course, they never addressed the behavior. Their solution was the the "dog stayed outside". :cursing:

http://www.cesarsway.com/tips/trainerscorner/Submissive-Urination

thesspa

I live with 2 porkers!
Apr 10, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I have nothing to add other then I love the photo!!! Those are some big paws on your little girl :)

Most Reactions