how much a pup should weigh at 4-5 weeks

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Lola is at the vet right now and I was wondering how much a EB puppy should weight at 4 weeks 4 days? The breeder was saying Lola's litter is one of the biggest litters she has had when we were texting last night and that she would find out today how much she weighs. She was 9 oz when she was born. Does anyone know how I find out this info?

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Found this on a website
  • [h=2]One Month[/h]
    • As the puppy grows, the owner or breeder should expect to see a 1 pound weight gain per week. By the end of the first four weeks, the puppy should weigh around 4 pounds.

[h=2]Two Months[/h]
    • At eight weeks, the puppy should be approximately 8 pounds in size. However, some dogs may weigh slightly more or slightly less.

[h=2]Three Month[/h]
    • As expected, at 12 weeks the puppy should weigh somewhere around 12 pounds. Of course, variations may occur and some dogs may weigh more or less than 12 pounds.

For those of you who breed is this about right?

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Just got the text from my breeder Lola was 8.5 lbs today is that normal for a puppy that is almost 5 weeks? The smallest puppy of the litter was 8 lbs and the biggest was a little over 11 lbs is that normal?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
You know they can really vary in weight. Jake's litter had huge differences in weight until they were about a year old! And now they are very close to the same in weight nd height! It oes sound "normal" to me though! :up:

Last edited:
OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Ok thanks! They are switching now to solid food that she has been mixing with lamb milk and also giving little pieces of chicken they look healthy though!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I don't have an answer just keeping this bumped up to maybe get more replies. [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Lola bulldog 014 - Copy (2).jpgLola bulldog 011 - Copy (3).jpgLola bulldog 012 - Copy (2).jpgLola bulldog 013 - Copy (3).jpg
This was her at the vet and then after the vet today you can see her and her siblings big bellies but look at her face who wouldnt love that face!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It does really depend on the pup because they will very. They may be a little big but not that much. I would rather have app a little on the fat side then one on the skinny side. Once they get older and start to slow down on their growing, then you can start to thin them up a little.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
She looks very big boned too so that may also be why they are heavier for that age. I wish I could see her next to something, like a coke can that I could see size!

Sent from my iPod touch using

Kassie

May 15, 2012
Alabama
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus McGee
Rufus was 8lb 11oz at his 6wk checkup...so I'd say shes right on track :yes: I know you are getting excited!!!

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I just texted her and ask her for a picture of her next to a object like a loaf of bread or something like that and she usually sends me what I ask for may not be tonight but she will get it to me. She does look big boned to me so maybe!

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Lola bulldog 015.jpgLola bulldog 033.jpgLola bulldog 008.jpgPicture 056 - Copy.jpg
These are the only ones I have next to anything right now first one is in someones hands second one really isnt a good picture because its a leg and not her full body but the last one is her next to a adult. Also her mom is a taller EB if you could ever call a EB tall lol.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think she looks great. :up:

Sent from my iPod touch using

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Ya I think she is perfect! It has been fun watching her grow! Cant wait to bring home! Thanks everyone!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.