Bully Inspiration!

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
This made my day, I just have to share with all of you because I know you understand the power of a bully!

Our friend's mom is a huge dog lover. Painting used to be a big part of her life (she's self taught!), but after her mom passed away in 2005 she stopped. Brenda met Rook when she was up visiting from Texas last fall, and of course fell in love with our little guy. It has been 7 years since she last painted, and she was nervous about picking it up again - if she would still be able to do it, but she said Rook gave her the inspiration to want to at least try!

We we chatting about it yesterday and I was really hoping she would get back into it. Well, check out these pictures she sent today...

a work in progress...
painting1.jpg

painting.jpg
and completed!

I've always known Rook was a special little guy, and he inspires me everyday. I love that his powers of awesomeness extend to our friends and family as well!
Just another reason why bullies make everything better!!!

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
That is a great painting!!!! She could make money doing that! I'd buy one! "Powers of Awesomeness" I love it!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
that looks great! love it!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
WOW, what a great painting, she does good work and that's cool how Rook has inspired her to paint again. She was wasting a great talent.

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Simply amazing...very special that Rook unlocked her talent...she's too good not to share it! BTW Rook looks beautiful in his portrait!

redhed

Jun 22, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sancho
It's so amazing how dogs, and bullies even moreso, have the power to just light up your life. I'm happy your friend got her passion back and you got a special keepsake to remind you every now and then of how wonderful and inspiring Rook is (assuming she gives/you buy the painting). Love it!

OP
LaurenA

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
Thanks everyone! I'll pass on your words of encouragement. :)
I know in the past she had been commisioned to do some portraits of dogs. I hope now that she has started again, she doesn't stop because it is just too good not to share.
And yes, she is sending us the painting, and we already have a spot picked out to hang it. I can't wait to get it!!!

On a side note... I was afraid being immortalized in paint would go to Rook's head, but he spent the afternoon snoring on the sofa as usual... being an inspiring bully is tough work!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Fantastic work!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using

LolasPuppet

A bad BOY, not a girl!
Jun 18, 2012
Ljubljana & Portorož, both in Slovenia, in the mid
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
It's interesting how bullies just bring out to the surface certain feelings/inspiration in people that have been kept deep down in a corner of a body.:heart:

Oh and that's amazing and your friend's mom should really start selling them. Money is obviously sadly overrated in this world, but that doesn't mean it's not useful, so "if you're good at something, never do it for free". ;)

Last edited:

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Oh wow that painting is incredible how alike it to Roo.
What a great artist she is, and what a wonderful painting to have for everyone to see.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.