Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Hi everyone, so was wondering what you guys used for cones if you ever had to use one. Gio has had a good size cut on his forehead for about 2 months now that won't heal! Every time it starts to scab he scratches and it opens again! We use hydrogen peroxide every time it opens but the vet recommends a cone until it heals, she also recommended a blowup cone but of course Gio managed to get out of it and pop it! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I got a soft one from petco for Samson when he needed it. It's called the All Four Paws Comfy Cone.

Yup... that seems to be the way to go for cones... Gracie had a regular cone and kept tripping over it... she was NOT a happy camper. ;)

OP
mcraven2

mcraven2

Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks so much! That sounds like it will work best! And I promiss to post pics, I'm sure Gio will have a grumpy face on for a couple of days while wearing it!:lol:

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Duke says oh no NO cones please!!!! ( we got ours from the vet and I cut it! ) ha ha ha

PoorBaby.jpg

OP
mcraven2

mcraven2

Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2091]BabyDuke[/MENTION] Duke does not look happy!! But he is very cute in his cone!

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
I did cones for my dogs that didn't have issues with breathing ....for Schultz I found this inflatable collar called pro collar at Pet Supplies Plus. Stops him from worrying whatever he's not allowed to worry, let's him have all the available oxygen, and acts as a pillow when he gives up and lays down....
4cbdd464-1da3-aa6b.jpg

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
Tough choice, Mimi did fine with the cone. Even managed to kill a very large possum with the cone on. Joy did well with the tube style until she popped it chewing through the bushes.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
When Ftse has his eye op he had a lampshade cone, most awful thing out he hated it and I hated it.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The only part I hate about the cones is they get full of slobber water. And walking into your legs since they dont understand they are hitting you with it. Any of mine that have ever had to wear the cone of shame made it through okay. Just watch the area around the neck for allergic reaction to the material and keep their chin and neck dry. The water from them drinking drips down the bottom under their neck. I have not tried the soft cones but I probably should!

Sent from my iPod touch using

Most Reactions