Pet Fountain

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I'm thinking from a past thread that most didn't think they were all that. Too much chance of yeast and bacteria growth.
I know HRH's bowl needs washed daily with dish soap and rinsed and refilled. The water gets sorta 'gooey' even though she's not really drooly as some bullies are.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i dont use them as they are usually plastic and i dont put water in plastic for the reason stated above. i use a large glass bowl i bought at walmart for like 10 dollars and filtered water. i clean the bowl every time i refill it as it gets gunky.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I don't use then either, I think you would need an industrial filter to get the slobber out. :ROFL:

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
I use a small, ornate one, outside. All 3 dogs love it! I clean it evary few days. or take the hose and overflow it to get out slobber, etc. When it gets a little allgy, i put a tiny bit of pool choline init for a couple of hours and don't allow dogs to acces. I don't know what it is about the fountain, but all 3dogs prefer it over the dog bowls inside! I'm sure it's not for everyone but my dogs love it. it's onley about2 ft tall and easy to handle

Oh,allowing the chlorine to sit a couple hours, I dump it ad fill with clean water.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.