Runt of the litter

blondee

Jul 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure yet!
Hi! We're trying to pick a new puppy and the runt is really catching my eye. He is much smaller then his brother and sisters, does anyone have any information on runts? Are they just as healthy and will they grow to be just as big?

hughesjo

Jun 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Nelson
I would say go for the runt! My mum had a runt of the the litter boxer, he was the last one left when she came to buy and she wouldn't have had it any other way, he was so loveable and a right character. I currently have Nelson an EB, we didn't get him from a breeder we came by him through someone trying to rehome so don't know his background although I believe he is fairly small for his age. He is weighing in about 26llbs and is 19 weeks old ( a bit less I think than the average weight, although my vet would not agree!). He also has tulip ears. To be honest he has a great character is very healthy and active. Whichever puppy you feel drawn to should be your choice, go with your gut instinct it is usually right!!

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
For me size doesn't matter it's all in the personality...I agree go with your instincts. Congratulations on the new arrival!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I've always believed that our Stiggy was the runt seeing he's always been the smallest whenever we see other bullies. He was the last one to go so we didn't see his whole litter. And I wouldn't trade him for the world. He's healthy and makes my bf and I laugh everyday. He's absolutely perfect to us.

I say go for it! ... early congrats! :dancing:

Last edited:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw ive had runts from litters and my mil has sold runts and they are just fine. usually smaller than the others but otherwise just fine. i would have no problem getting one.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I say go with whatever one is catching you because thats the one you are ment to have!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Pictures, where are the pictures????? :ROFL:

PeterPanAndWendy

Jul 27, 2011
Lindsey, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pan Cake
Pan was the runt, but you'll never convince him of that. He picked him because we wanted a boy, all of his sisters towered over him. He is absolutely perfect and I wouldn't have changed it for all the money in the world.

[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] I know he is the smartest because of all the people in the house I'm his favorite. :ROFL:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Go for it ......... you've obviously already picked him out in your heart, so stop over-thinking and enjoy your new baby!!! :2thumbs:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.