Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hair color

Bulldog Vet in Training LaurenA's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rook
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: hair color

This is interesting. I had never noticed the color change... I am going to have to pay more attention.
    The only thing I've really noticed on Rook is that it seems like his brindle coloring grew and over took some of his white fur, and the black markings around his mouth grew. I recently found a picture of his dad, and the markings around the mouth are now nearly identical!

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Ok, so here is just my thought, or experienced opinion. I believe the difference depends on the individual dog. Mostly on what they are fed. I have gone through many kinds of food, some leaving the hair and skin a tad darker. Season change's the coat also. I think they seem a bit lighter in the winter. Maybe because of the heavier coat.
    I know with Jack, even spot size and location changed on his face for the first three years. Griz has gotten lighter, Dolly has gotten darker, Scrimps and Peggy Sue have gotten darker also, this summer. This is a very good question and something I will start paying closer attention to. But all in all I believe it depends on the individual dog, food and season's .
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

ya I think she is honestly darker but in reality it doesnt matter to me I just thought that was weird how they change. she was born really dark brown and really had lightened up since then and I love the golden that she is starting to have. My breeder said she thinks she will me a medium strawberry blond color and I would love that! My breeder also said her 2 litters she has had they have all been born dark and lightened up so for her thats what happens to her pups but i think it depends on the dog.-lola-bulldog-003-jpgThis pic is the day I picked her out and her face was really light. -lola-bulldog-007-copy-2-jpgShe has changed some but I think it is the light also. Im going to do some research and see if they do change just in case someone asks on here. Look at that extra skin! There is such a kindness in her eyes that just melts me!

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I don't think I have had Gio long enough to notice if he has lightened up. But since Gio has gained 5 lbs in the last few months since we can't walk as much due to the hot weather, he has gotten more "spots" not spots on his fur, but spots on his belly and legs that are on his skin that I can see through his white fur....I wondered if it was because he put on some weight or if some bullies just get them as they get older??
    Princess, Diva, and Gio <3

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

I noticed that with my friends EB she was all white with a pink tubby when she got her now her tummy has spots all over and you can see through her white hair and a lot on her ears so it much be a age thing lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads