Moe Gave us a Scare

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
We came home from going out to dinner and my son was the first to go in the house from the garage, and everything thing appeared normal until my wife and I came in a few seconds behind him... we were expecting the normal excited greeting from Moe and Winnie, but Moe approached us bawling his head off. My son said that he didn't notice anything wrong when he came in the door... weird. I have never heard Moe cry before, and I can say that this was not a normal dog cry, but actually the most horrifying sound I have ever heard.

Peggy and I was on him trying to comfort and determine what was wrong... he seemed to be favoring a leg. Just as Peggy asked me to carry him to the car so we can run him to the vet, he calmed down, then acted like nothing was wrong. I noticed that a kitchen throw rug was balled up in the living room, so I'm guessing he got caught up in that somehow.

I took them outside to go potty and he was chasing a cat around the yard, I was so relieved. He still favors the leg a little, so I have to watch him close and take him in if he continues, but right now it is not slowing him down any.

That cry though... I'll never forget it, and pray that I never have to hear it again *shudder*. Makes me wish I had kept the Moe cam up so we could see what happened.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oooh my gosh, I hope he is ok. That cry is the most shuttering isn't it? hopefully he was more scared and needing you than hurt. Maybe he was laying on the tug and jumped to get you when you came home and it happened that instant. Poor Moe. :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Awww poor Moe. Maybe he was running to welcome you and got twisted up in the rug...then when he saw you he was relieved AND scared! Wanted you to know he needed his mommy and daddy. I've heard those horrible scary cries..they are frightening. I hope Moe is ok! :love:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
You might also check his nails. Maybe he hurt or pulled a nail when he was trying to come and see you guys. Might explain why the rug was bunched up also

~Disclaimer~
Sent from my Droid RAZR using Tapatalk. I'm probably crouched down in a corner at work trying to send this post via dictation software. I shall not be held responsible for any misspellings, incorrect punctuation, and most importantly ..... incorrect translations!!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Poor Moe. Even just moving quickly can cause an owie. Mr. Wilson who's a scaredy cat was startled by something and hurt his leg. He limped for a few days and then it went away. He's never hurt anything since. I think sometimes bullys can tweak a muscle now and then. Of course if it persists ya know we gots to go to the vet.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Oh that would have been scary, glad that Moe is Ok.
FTSE 102 - Copy.jpg

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I hope Moe gets well soon and it was only something minor! We also have to remember that these bullies can take a lot of pain without showing it.

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Hope Moe is still on the mend...I know what you mean about the cry a bullie can make....goes right through you...

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
You might also check his nails. Maybe he hurt or pulled a nail when he was trying to come and see you guys. Might explain why the rug was bunched up also

That's what I was thinking too.

Glad Moe is OK! I've never heard that sound from any of my dogs --- don't want to!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.