Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why am I so indecisive?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Default Why am I so indecisive?

We picked out our puppy when he was a few days old so it was really difficult for us to envision what he will look like as he matures. First we picked the one our breeder said was the pick of the litter. A couple of days later we called to tell her we changed our mind and wanted a different pup. We made this decision because we both thought the dad was really cute so we picked the pup with the white face because that's what his dad had. We have been happy with our decision. Well, today she posted pics of all of them on her website and now we see what she was talking about. Our "original pick" is bigger and looks more bulldog like...if that makes sense. Our little guy seems much smaller than the others and now we are second guessing our decision...again! Are we crazy? According to her website, the other pup is still available. I don't know if we should keep the pup we have chosen or change back to our first impulse. They are only 4 weeks and have never held them so we haven't had a chance to bond with either one yet.
    Last edited by Mountainlover; 07-09-2012 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Correct spelling

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Speaking from experience, in the end it really won't matter which one you choose. Once you bring them home you will adore them no matter what.

Right now just go with the one that you like the most, the one that seems to be calling you mom!

Sent from my iPod touch using

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Why am I so indecisive?

I have to admit..we second guessed ourselves too! I picked Jake out in the first 30 seconds. I was the first to pick a pup so I had "pick of the litter". My hubby came a few days later and he was drawn to another guy. That made me doubt my decision..and I told the owner..we were now choosing between 2! she called a couple days later and said someone was coming to look at pups..which did we want! I decided Jake...and even though I was thrilled with my choice..I was always comparing the two when I went to visit. Even after when we had litter play dates with all Jakes brothers..I compared Jake with this one brother every time! And guess what?? Jake is thee most handsome..wonderful Buly ever! Now I realize..if I had been the last one to be able to get one of these pups...I would've been thrilled! Sometimes more choice is harder!! Go with your heart..they all turn out to look like Bully's..and in Jakes litter..the biggest brute of a pup..is the same size as his brothers!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Moses
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Are you only able to see them via the website? That could be tough... I don't know if you have the opportunity to visit and spend time with them, but that would do the trick as one usually steals your heart more so, or quicker, than the others.

Real Name
    Kassie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rufus McGee
    Likes (Received)

We had a tough choice also. We narrowed the litter of 8 to 3 pups we REALLY liked. 1 female, 2 males. Its hard when you can't see their personalities and hold them. In the end we are very happy with the decision we made. And at 4 wks Rufus was smaller than the other other male-we called Heavy lol, but when we went to pick him up he had grown bigger than him...
    "You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats animals"

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

It's normal to be indecisive...you're only human! The great thing is, whichever bulldog you choose will be the right bully for you!

Tate was my third choice. I had my eye on a little guy named "Patchboy" who was the only puppy born from another litter my breeder had. I understood there was a couple who were also interested in him before me. The breeder basically told me, to be fair, whichever person's deposit she rec'vs in the mail first will get him. Well, the couple ended up w/Patchboy but fortunately, the same breeder had another litter of 4 born just 3 days before Patchboy; that's where I found "Bentley"...this cute little white bully with one gray ear! Well, turned out that couple who got Patchboy also decided to get a 2nd bully and that was Bentley! okay, so I looked online again and there was Bentley's brother, "Spot", and two sisters remaining. I was set on a boy so I got Spot (now known as my Tate) !! And i could not be any happier. He was meant to be my little boy.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Will - Killer of All Ninjas
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack Daniels
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    I have to admit..we second guessed ourselves too! I picked Jake out in the first 30 seconds. I was the first to pick a pup so I had "pick of the litter". My hubby came a few days later and he was drawn to another guy. That made me doubt my decision..and I told the owner..we were now choosing between 2! she called a couple days later and said someone was coming to look at pups..which did we want! I decided Jake...and even though I was thrilled with my choice..I was always comparing the two when I went to visit. Even after when we had litter play dates with all Jakes brothers..I compared Jake with this one brother every time! ..!

Im telling Jake he was almost the second choice.....
    shame shame shame....

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post
    Im telling Jake he was almost the second choice.....
    shame shame shame....

Why I otta....

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Wilson was my first choice when saw him from his litter and I was also looking at another one of his litter mates too. I kept going back and forth between his breeder and another breeder. I really loved the pup the other breeder had but I kept going back to Wilson. I actually considered another bully before I picked out Emma but when I saw her I knew she was the one I was meant to have. Go with what's in your hearts even if that means making a change. There's nothing wrong with that either.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

I agree just go with the one that takes your heart Either way you will be so happy with your choice. Cant wait to see pics of your little guy The minute I saw Brutus I knew he was the one
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

I had to choose between 2 females and I had pick of the litter, My breeder kept sending me pictures of both and I felt so torn so I drove my 4 hour drive there held both and I knew Lola was ment for me all the others werent her so I knew right away and that was that. I would say go see them and see who chooses you and which one makes your heart melt!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

They were newborns when we went to see them and we weren't allowed to touch them then. After they get their 6 week shots we can go back and play with them. I'm sure it would be easier to tell by then but I doubt we will have a choice at that point. That's okay, I think we picked the right one. I'm glad to know I'm not crazy! lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads