Why am I so indecisive?

Mountainlover

Jun 19, 2012
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
We picked out our puppy when he was a few days old so it was really difficult for us to envision what he will look like as he matures. First we picked the one our breeder said was the pick of the litter. A couple of days later we called to tell her we changed our mind and wanted a different pup. We made this decision because we both thought the dad was really cute so we picked the pup with the white face because that's what his dad had. We have been happy with our decision. Well, today she posted pics of all of them on her website and now we see what she was talking about. Our "original pick" is bigger and looks more bulldog like...if that makes sense. Our little guy seems much smaller than the others and now we are second guessing our decision...again! Are we crazy? According to her website, the other pup is still available. I don't know if we should keep the pup we have chosen or change back to our first impulse. They are only 4 weeks and have never held them so we haven't had a chance to bond with either one yet.

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Speaking from experience, in the end it really won't matter which one you choose. Once you bring them home you will adore them no matter what.

Right now just go with the one that you like the most, the one that seems to be calling you mom!

Sent from my iPod touch using

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I have to admit..we second guessed ourselves too! I picked Jake out in the first 30 seconds. I was the first to pick a pup so I had "pick of the litter". My hubby came a few days later and he was drawn to another guy. That made me doubt my decision..and I told the owner..we were now choosing between 2! :eek: she called a couple days later and said someone was coming to look at pups..which did we want! :nervous: I decided Jake...and even though I was thrilled with my choice..I was always comparing the two when I went to visit. Even after when we had litter play dates with all Jakes brothers..I compared Jake with this one brother every time! And guess what?? Jake is thee most handsome..wonderful Buly ever! Now I realize..if I had been the last one to be able to get one of these pups...I would've been thrilled! Sometimes more choice is harder!! Go with your heart..they all turn out to look like Bully's..and in Jakes litter..the biggest brute of a pup..is the same size as his brothers! :up:

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Are you only able to see them via the website? That could be tough... I don't know if you have the opportunity to visit and spend time with them, but that would do the trick as one usually steals your heart more so, or quicker, than the others.

Kassie

May 15, 2012
Alabama
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus McGee
We had a tough choice also. We narrowed the litter of 8 to 3 pups we REALLY liked. 1 female, 2 males. Its hard when you can't see their personalities and hold them. In the end we are very happy with the decision we made. And at 4 wks Rufus was smaller than the other other male-we called Heavy lol, but when we went to pick him up he had grown bigger than him...

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
It's normal to be indecisive...you're only human! The great thing is, whichever bulldog you choose will be the right bully for you!

Tate was my third choice. I had my eye on a little guy named "Patchboy" who was the only puppy born from another litter my breeder had. I understood there was a couple who were also interested in him before me. The breeder basically told me, to be fair, whichever person's deposit she rec'vs in the mail first will get him. Well, the couple ended up w/Patchboy but fortunately, the same breeder had another litter of 4 born just 3 days before Patchboy; that's where I found "Bentley"...this cute little white bully with one gray ear! Well, turned out that couple who got Patchboy also decided to get a 2nd bully and that was Bentley! okay, so I looked online again and there was Bentley's brother, "Spot", and two sisters remaining. I was set on a boy so I got Spot (now known as my Tate) !! And i could not be any happier. He was meant to be my little boy.:luv:

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
I have to admit..we second guessed ourselves too! I picked Jake out in the first 30 seconds. I was the first to pick a pup so I had "pick of the litter". My hubby came a few days later and he was drawn to another guy. That made me doubt my decision..and I told the owner..we were now choosing between 2! :eek: she called a couple days later and said someone was coming to look at pups..which did we want! :nervous: I decided Jake...and even though I was thrilled with my choice..I was always comparing the two when I went to visit. Even after when we had litter play dates with all Jakes brothers..I compared Jake with this one brother every time! ..! :up:

Im telling Jake he was almost the second choice.....
shame shame shame....

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Wilson was my first choice when saw him from his litter and I was also looking at another one of his litter mates too. I kept going back and forth between his breeder and another breeder. I really loved the pup the other breeder had but I kept going back to Wilson. I actually considered another bully before I picked out Emma but when I saw her I knew she was the one I was meant to have. Go with what's in your hearts even if that means making a change. There's nothing wrong with that either.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I agree just go with the one that takes your heart :) Either way you will be so happy with your choice. Cant wait to see pics of your little guy :) The minute I saw Brutus I knew he was the one :)

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I had to choose between 2 females and I had pick of the litter, My breeder kept sending me pictures of both and I felt so torn so I drove my 4 hour drive there held both and I knew Lola was ment for me all the others werent her so I knew right away and that was that. I would say go see them and see who chooses you and which one makes your heart melt!

OP
Mountainlover

Mountainlover

Jun 19, 2012
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
They were newborns when we went to see them and we weren't allowed to touch them then. After they get their 6 week shots we can go back and play with them. I'm sure it would be easier to tell by then but I doubt we will have a choice at that point. That's okay, I think we picked the right one. I'm glad to know I'm not crazy! lol

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
With Arnold it was love at first site. I was looking at bullie puppy sites for weeks and would say, "oh , Dean look at this one" but never called the breeder. Then I saw ARnold and it was a "bam" feeling and I had to have him!! I called the breeder, set up a meeting and would have sold my second born (my first born is in the military and big brother might have an issue with that, lol).
Now Bertha, I had issues with my original breeder. I had first pick of showable/breedable pups( I was getting an open registration). I fell in love with one puppy only and voiced this choice right away. Well, we drove 5 hours one way to see her and hold her and that clenched the deal in my mind. However, I picked such a good pup she decided to keep her and offered me a second choice. I put $500 down pre birth to have my pick and I only wanted the one pup. I backed out, knowing I might lose the deposit but I wanted that, bam feeling" again. And then the moon and stars aligned and this wonderful person offered me Bertha the day she was born ( i was watching for weeks and put a small deposit down). With Bertha, "bam." I screamed in the bio mom/breeders ear because I was so excited. My point, don't settle, go with "bam."
p.s I just got my deposit back after I wrote the original breeder and told her she changed the contract not me. She was rude but gave me my money.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.