Camping?

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
One more thing, bring one of those little plastic bottles of lemon juice. If they get overworked/excited and have problems breathing, squirt it in the dogs mouth to break up the phlem. Never had to do this with Mimi or Tyler but did have to do this with joy, in our backyard, who was not used to playing for long periods. Benadryl is also a good idea in case they eat a bug or get stung/bit by something.

Thank you so much for all of the helpful advice!!! I really appreciate it! :)

PeterPanAndWendy

Jul 27, 2011
Lindsey, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pan Cake
If camping is something that your family enjoys it may be worth investing in a small camper with an a/c unit just to be sure. Our family enjoys camping and we take Pan with us. He loves exploring new places and hanging out by the campfires. But we don't tent it. I think you'll find a lot of us do this. I've even read that some have gone to toys r us and bought a very small kiddie pool just for camping, but Pan hates getting wet so we don't have one. Hope you have a safe and fun trip!

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
If camping is something that your family enjoys it may be worth investing in a small camper with an a/c unit just to be sure. Our family enjoys camping and we take Pan with us. He loves exploring new places and hanging out by the campfires. But we don't tent it. I think you'll find a lot of us do this. I've even read that some have gone to toys r us and bought a very small kiddie pool just for camping, but Pan hates getting wet so we don't have one. Hope you have a safe and fun trip!

Thank you!!! :D

redhed

Jun 22, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sancho
This thread has also been very helpful for me. We try to camp at least once a month, if not every other weekend and always tent it. We knew that would have to be cut down a lot when we decided to adopt Sancho, but we are going to try later this month. We won't be tenting this time, but what do you think the temps would have to be to tent successfully? We're in the desert, so humidity isn't an issue.

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
This thread has also been very helpful for me. We try to camp at least once a month, if not every other weekend and always tent it. We knew that would have to be cut down a lot when we decided to adopt Sancho, but we are going to try later this month. We won't be tenting this time, but what do you think the temps would have to be to tent successfully? We're in the desert, so humidity isn't an issue.

I'm glad it was helpful! :) I think it all depends on the dog! Some bullies handle the heat better then others. If it goes anywhere above 78-80 Winston is miserable lol! However it gets very humid in New England too so that doesn't help! I am sure others will be along with some advice!

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
I agree, it depends on the dog. I tend to keep my bulldogs on the lighter side. They have had no problems lying in the sun, with cold tile breaks, on a 80+ degree day. Of course they have full access to a cool house. Low humidity in Ca. Mimi used to bask in the sun at 100 degrees. Mimi was mostly white and very fit, lying in the sun was one of her favorite things to do.

stephayne

Sep 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Motley
I don't know anything about new England weather buI if you keep your bulldogs trim they can take some heat. But I guess here in California we don't have to deal with the humidity so much. Mimi and Tyler loved camping but we only camped in a tent the first few years we had them. Then it was camper with a/c. Heat didn't bother Mimi at all. Had to watch Tyler to make sure he stayed cool. That being said dogs love camping and sitting by the campfire. Of course bulldogs do no accept sitting on the ground very well. They need their own campfire chairs. Rudy has been camping once and loved it. We will see how Mila does next month. Bring the pooch if weather permits.

Lol, would love to see a pic of them in their chairs, too cute for words i bet:-)

Members online

No members online now.