Camping?

Heff102

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours!
Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
\

I am not sure if this was said sarcastically?? But I just want you to know I would NEVER do anything to harm my baby. I was simply asking if anyone had done it as it is planned for over a month from now and if the weather is still too hot I would not bring him. He does not do well in heat and I know that, however New England weather is so screwy that it could be 60 degrees by that time so I was going to play it by year. If you were joking or being sarcastic I apologize for this response but I did not appreciate being accused of animal cruelty!!

Ok dont you know me by now?

Totally joking with you.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
@Lauren31287 There are many sarcastic ones here so be prepared. :lol: That is the problem with computers nowadays, hard to read between the lines.

@lauren31287 I am one of the sarcastic ones here so never take me serious either!! As far as camping, I took Arnold and Bertha in our motorhome with A/c this last weekend and it was still difficult at times. It was 90 degrees and we were by a river but I was constantly worried they were warm even though I did everything right. It was just a lot of worrying. If you have someone trustworthy, I would enc you to leave them home if weather is still real warm.

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
@lauren31287 I am one of the sarcastic ones here so never take me serious either!! As far as camping, I took Arnold and Bertha in our motorhome with A/c this last weekend and it was still difficult at times. It was 90 degrees and we were by a river but I was constantly worried they were warm even though I did everything right. It was just a lot of worrying. If you have someone trustworthy, I would enc you to leave them home if weather is still real warm.

:D very good to know! Thank you for the advice!! :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i have taken sarah camping but at the time of year it was i could only bring her to the campsite in the evening. she did fine in the tent all night. i got her a lifevest to swim in but we left before i had the chance to try it. if you think its going to be the least bit hot then dont take the dog. ive taken sarah to the river and had to turn around and bring her right back home as it was to hot for her even though it was a cool day to me.

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
i have taken sarah camping but at the time of year it was i could only bring her to the campsite in the evening. she did fine in the tent all night. i got her a lifevest to swim in but we left before i had the chance to try it. if you think its going to be the least bit hot then dont take the dog. ive taken sarah to the river and had to turn around and bring her right back home as it was to hot for her even though it was a cool day to me.

Very good to know! Yeah we decided we are not going to take a chance with it as I have no idea what the weather is going to be like! Last year we went in the middle of September and it would have been perfect weather for him, but I think August will still be too warm!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Very good to know! Yeah we decided we are not going to take a chance with it as I have no idea what the weather is going to be like! Last year we went in the middle of September and it would have been perfect weather for him, but I think August will still be too warm!
aw good thinking even though im sure you will miss him

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Camping with a EB has never crossed my mind tell I saw this post but I would think it would be hard. Maybe you could do it in september?

Heff102

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours!
Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
When Heff goes to a kennel for a few days we call it "camping" to him.

hahahahaha

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
I don't know anything about new England weather but if you keep your bulldogs trim they can take some heat. But I guess here in California we don't have to deal with the humidity so much. Mimi and Tyler loved camping but we only camped in a tent the first few years we had them. Then it was camper with a/c. Heat didn't bother Mimi at all. Had to watch Tyler to make sure he stayed cool. That being said dogs love camping and sitting by the campfire. Of course bulldogs do no accept sitting on the ground very well. They need their own campfire chairs. Rudy has been camping once and loved it. We will see how Mila does next month. Bring the pooch if weather permits.

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
One more thing, bring one of those little plastic bottles of lemon juice. If they get overworked/excited and have problems breathing, squirt it in the dogs mouth to break up the phlem. Never had to do this with Mimi or Tyler but did have to do this with joy, in our backyard, who was not used to playing for long periods. Benadryl is also a good idea in case they eat a bug or get stung/bit by something.

OP
Lauren31287

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Camping with a EB has never crossed my mind tell I saw this post but I would think it would be hard. Maybe you could do it in september?

We thought about it but our friends can only go in August, I wasn't planning the trip but maybe me and the hubby can take Winston in September!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.