Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 38

Thread: Camping?

  1. #25
    Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    sweetpeasmom2008's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,518
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Camping?

    Camping with a EB has never crossed my mind tell I saw this post but I would think it would be hard. Maybe you could do it in september?

  2. #26
    I will show you my thingy if you show me yours! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Heff102's Avatar
    Real Name
    Philippe
    Location
    Humboldt, SK
    Posts
    543
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lulu
    Likes (Received)
    13

    Default Re: Camping?

    When Heff goes to a kennel for a few days we call it "camping" to him.

    hahahahaha

  3. #27
    Pet Sitter gobronco's Avatar
    Location
    San Jose, Ca
    Posts
    356
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rudy and Mila
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Camping?

    I don't know anything about new England weather but if you keep your bulldogs trim they can take some heat. But I guess here in California we don't have to deal with the humidity so much. Mimi and Tyler loved camping but we only camped in a tent the first few years we had them. Then it was camper with a/c. Heat didn't bother Mimi at all. Had to watch Tyler to make sure he stayed cool. That being said dogs love camping and sitting by the campfire. Of course bulldogs do no accept sitting on the ground very well. They need their own campfire chairs. Rudy has been camping once and loved it. We will see how Mila does next month. Bring the pooch if weather permits.

  4. #28
    Pet Sitter gobronco's Avatar
    Location
    San Jose, Ca
    Posts
    356
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rudy and Mila
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Camping?

    One more thing, bring one of those little plastic bottles of lemon juice. If they get overworked/excited and have problems breathing, squirt it in the dogs mouth to break up the phlem. Never had to do this with Mimi or Tyler but did have to do this with joy, in our backyard, who was not used to playing for long periods. Benadryl is also a good idea in case they eat a bug or get stung/bit by something.

  5. #29
    Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,004
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)
    8

    Default Re: Camping?

    Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    aw good thinking even though im sure you will miss him
    I will miss him so much!

  6. #30
    Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,004
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)
    8

    Default Re: Camping?

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeasmom2008 View Post
    Camping with a EB has never crossed my mind tell I saw this post but I would think it would be hard. Maybe you could do it in september?
    We thought about it but our friends can only go in August, I wasn't planning the trip but maybe me and the hubby can take Winston in September!

  7. #31
    Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,004
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)
    8

    Default Re: Camping?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heff102 View Post
    When Heff goes to a kennel for a few days we call it "camping" to him.

    hahahahaha
    LOL!

  8. #32
    Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,004
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)
    8

    Default Re: Camping?

    Quote Originally Posted by gobronco View Post
    One more thing, bring one of those little plastic bottles of lemon juice. If they get overworked/excited and have problems breathing, squirt it in the dogs mouth to break up the phlem. Never had to do this with Mimi or Tyler but did have to do this with joy, in our backyard, who was not used to playing for long periods. Benadryl is also a good idea in case they eat a bug or get stung/bit by something.
    Thank you so much for all of the helpful advice!!! I really appreciate it!

  9. #33
    Pet Sitter PeterPanAndWendy's Avatar
    Location
    Lindsey, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    347
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pan Cake
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Camping?

    If camping is something that your family enjoys it may be worth investing in a small camper with an a/c unit just to be sure. Our family enjoys camping and we take Pan with us. He loves exploring new places and hanging out by the campfires. But we don't tent it. I think you'll find a lot of us do this. I've even read that some have gone to toys r us and bought a very small kiddie pool just for camping, but Pan hates getting wet so we don't have one. Hope you have a safe and fun trip!

  10. #34
    Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,004
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)
    8

    Default Re: Camping?

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterPanAndWendy View Post
    If camping is something that your family enjoys it may be worth investing in a small camper with an a/c unit just to be sure. Our family enjoys camping and we take Pan with us. He loves exploring new places and hanging out by the campfires. But we don't tent it. I think you'll find a lot of us do this. I've even read that some have gone to toys r us and bought a very small kiddie pool just for camping, but Pan hates getting wet so we don't have one. Hope you have a safe and fun trip!
    Thank you!!!

  11. #35
    Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member redhed's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    205
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sancho
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Camping?

    This thread has also been very helpful for me. We try to camp at least once a month, if not every other weekend and always tent it. We knew that would have to be cut down a lot when we decided to adopt Sancho, but we are going to try later this month. We won't be tenting this time, but what do you think the temps would have to be to tent successfully? We're in the desert, so humidity isn't an issue.

  12. #36
    Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,004
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)
    8

    Default Re: Camping?

    Quote Originally Posted by redhed View Post
    This thread has also been very helpful for me. We try to camp at least once a month, if not every other weekend and always tent it. We knew that would have to be cut down a lot when we decided to adopt Sancho, but we are going to try later this month. We won't be tenting this time, but what do you think the temps would have to be to tent successfully? We're in the desert, so humidity isn't an issue.
    I'm glad it was helpful! I think it all depends on the dog! Some bullies handle the heat better then others. If it goes anywhere above 78-80 Winston is miserable lol! However it gets very humid in New England too so that doesn't help! I am sure others will be along with some advice!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •