Lawn pee spots!

hughesjo

Jun 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Nelson
I think the only way to keep a lawn pee and poo stain free is to train them to go in the yard area (if you have one). Although this can be more of a hassle to hose or wash down. I too now have a lawn full of dead patches where once was green and lush. Although admittedly the current climate is not helping the grass either at the moment we are currently at temps of 45oC and rising here in Dubai!!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Training them to go in one particular spot would be nice but Im not willing to work that hard. Our solution: remove the grass! :D

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I say more frequent walks to your neighbors lawn would remedy the problem.... :tease:
THERE U ARE.

I miss your sage advice around here, mister.

[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] - Bea's pee is what ruins the grass - not Bo's. Funny!

They tend to frequent the same spots -- which is part of the problem. I'd love to hear about a miracle cure too. I've tried many things -- the latest one is that "Grass seed for dog spots" from Scotts. Supposed to have a neutralizer in it, as well as, tough seed to regrow the grass. It worked pretty good in a few spots.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
THERE U ARE.

I miss your sage advice around here, mister.

@JeannieCO - Bea's pee is what ruins the grass - not Bo's. Funny!

They tend to frequent the same spots -- which is part of the problem. I'd love to hear about a miracle cure too. I've tried many things -- the latest one is that "Grass seed for dog spots" from Scotts. Supposed to have a neutralizer in it, as well as, tough seed to regrow the grass. It worked pretty good in a few spots.
We never had spots in our front yard from the boys being out and talking a pee but we do now!! That's interesting on the nitrogen being the culprit. :hmm: there has to be something. I'm ok with torn up grass in the back (don't like it but...) but the front...... :nonono:

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Our back yard is VERY, VERY, VERY heavily wooded, so the morning sun barely peeks through the trees until about 10:30 or 11:00. Thanks to that, our back yard (that wasn't in the woods.....maybe as far out as 15-20 feet from the house and a little more than the length of the house) was more dirt with a couple of patches of grass. After trying to get grass to grow for a couple of years, we finally have creek/river rock hauled in and spread it. So no crop circles for me. Ellie Mae can pee in the woods all she wants. :yes:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
thankfully i dont have this problem as we have a big area for them to pp so no brown spots. well cept for the dead grass from it being so hot and dry.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.