Lawn pee spots!

TonkaTruck28

Mar 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
I was just looking at what used to be my nice lawn and was wondering if anyone knows of anything that actually WORKS to help with the nice yellow patches that Tonka has so lovingly placed? Any input is greatly appreciated!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I will be watching this thread. I dint have a lawn but my patio smells of ammonia, big yard but they all want to pee right here by the patio. I imagine there is something out there that makes their pee less toxic. I was actually thinking of trying cranberry pills.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
We fenced off an area in the yard, so instead of having a bunch of little dead spots, we have ONE GREAT BIG DEAD SPOT! -

There is a yard deodorizer, that you attach to your garden hose, it works for a bit, but its rather pricey :( I think $25 a bottle :/

brynn81

Apr 28, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Fiona
There is tablet you can give you bully and it will stop the pee from killing the grass. My neighbor has a 10 year old bully and he use to kill the grass and now there are only a few spots left since he started the pills. You can google it. :)

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
I don't know how to fix it once the damage is done... but I've heard that if you rinse their favorite pee spots asap with water it will dilute the urine and prevent it from burning the lawn. It's not necessarily the acidity, but the high amounts of nitrogen naturally in urine. It is the same as over fertilizing your lawn. Females, or any dog that squats (like my Rook), are more likely to cause this type of damage because they are urinating in one spot, compared to the ones that mark multiple spots.

GRACIE11

Feb 11, 2012
Fairbank, Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie Mae "The Diva"
My fellow bully parent had given me the name of some pills he buys from his vets office for his female bully. I threw it away because it is so dry around here our whole yard is brown. I know he said it was not expensive and it starts to work really fast. He did not have any brown spots in his yard at that time. So contact your vets office and see what they have.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I read up on this once and [MENTION=3735]LaurenA[/MENTION] hit the nail on the head, it is the nitrogen in the urine that's doing it. The article did suggest to wash it down with water to dilute it.

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I also have come up with the same solution as Lauren and Davidh. I can add that the first morning urine is the strongest and most damaging, but pouring water directly over the spot will dilute to nitrogen and can actually be good for the yard in low concentrations. I have also read about the pills that might help, but I have a tough time giving my pup some sort of additive that could have who knows what effects just so I have a pretty yard. It's not worth the risk.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH killed grass when we had it. Now she kills sedum.
I've tried the rinsing trick, but either I didn't douse it enough or she's just particularly pungent.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.