Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Does your Bulldog spend any amount of time during the day playing? or is your Bully a 'couch potatoe'? Just curious here because my Bully has lost his interest in playing ....or so it seems of late. Granted he just had Entropion surgery this week so he may be a little under the weather, but even before the surgery he was not much interested in playing with any of his Toys, or bones, and would just sit around staring off into space ....... if it had not been so consistent I would not be concerned, but now I am beginning to get worried .......

Any advice .... ? I thought of finding more inter-active toys but can't really find any ......he just doesn't seem to be interested in any Toys ..

Am3gross

May 20, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Hemi
man when does that time come? my hemi and newly aquired addition cuda dont stop... all day long all they do is rough each other up.. rather its playing with water bottles or tennis balls or chasing each other down..

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Buddy is 3 years old and still loves to play, Lucy and BeBe are older and don't play much, but will get a wild hair every once in a while. Jewel is still full on pup at 14 months old so she still loves to play. Usually Jewel and Buddy will play together with their toys.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I am with Am3gross, my 2 play non-stop but Arnold just turned one and Bertha is 10 weeks. Arnold is whooped at the end of the day though!!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=701]Maximus[/MENTION] , maybe you can take Maximus to the pet store and have him "choose" a toy? you can see what he gravitates to perhaps?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Stiggy would go bonkers over his jolly egg, well any tough balls really, like basketballs. He still acts like a pup for the most part and would run non-stop in a fenced in yard. He's almost two and half. He loves his antler and this mini rubber ball too. Punkin sleeps mostly, but does get excited over any new stuffies. When he sees Stig all hyper, he'll feed off the energy and tries to chase and hump him. lol. He'll play tug-o-war from time to time and rough houses occasionally. He's turning five this month.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Ftse loves to play and tip his toys out all through the house, I dont remember my kids making such a mess as Ftse does LOL.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Usko is 20 months and a regular playing machine.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Any advice .... ? I thought of finding more inter-active toys but can't really find any ......he just doesn't seem to be interested in any Toys ..

Maybe your guy just needs something different -- new to him -- to play with?

Here, it seems to go in waves. Bo plays with toys far more than Bea does but something new will get them both going. An empty water bottle (with the lid and ring removed); it's a party. Large empty yogurt bucket? It's a rave. (Bea likes to play with the lid. Bo likes to chase the bucket part around.)

Of course, these "Toys" are given with supervision because once they start chewing pieces off, they must go into the recycling.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Get him a puppy! Just kidding...but maybe you could arrange a playdate with another dog or bully?

016.jpg

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Schultz favorite toy is a tennis ball....but once he's gotten one all squishy with slobber that one is no good...he'll need a "new" old tennis ball because he won't touch the one he made gross the day before...good thing I have an unlimited supply of used tennis balls:)

OP
Maximus

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Maximus seems to like to "play" after everyone goes upstairs to bed .....then we come down to a real mess in the morning, with chewed shoes, and all sorts of things messed up! I don't take him outside this time of year because of the heat - he has had previous episodes of hyperthermia.
But with all the dog toys all over the first floor here, he doesn't play with a thing....but he is partial to playing ball and catch.

fortindycouple

Apr 28, 2012
Indianapolis, IN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack
Jack has his moments where he plays so hard that he will just plop down on the cool porcelain floor right in front of the van. Cracks us up. Sometimes our house looks like a toddler lives here.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Gio doesn't stop playing!! He gets crazy! He will grab a toy and jump up and down wanting to play tug a war then when I finally can pry it out of his mouth he barks until I throw it!! We also play frisbee out in the yard all the time, he never can catch it but he loves to chase after it (I will literally throw it at right at him and it will either hit him in the face then he reacts or he will try to grab it but will fly over his head!). And him and my frenchie Diva wrestle constantly throughout the day!

Most Reactions