Is your Bully a Swimmer?

Trod1

Jul 2, 2012
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive, Oscar
My puppy LOVES the water. I recently bought her a swim vest and she is doing really well swimming. Initially she swam in circles LOL but now is doing better. I was curious if your dog swims, do you worry about parasites in a lake? What about swimming in a pool with all the chemicals?

fortindycouple

Apr 28, 2012
Indianapolis, IN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack
We have an inground pool and our puppy, Jack, fell in the deep end while helping daddy clean out the skimmer. Freaked him out! Now we can't even get him to stand on the steps just to cool off.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Don't know but can't imagine Mr. Wilson trying. He'd have a heart attack first. :shout: BabyGirl might if there was a cat in the middle of it.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Emma had her first swim this morning at the lake we'd been camping at. I only have the link on FB right now so here it is. She's quite agile and we thought she may be a bully who might actually be able to swim without a life jacket. I put her on her leash and harness and well she sunk. She's going to be quite the swimmer with her jacket though.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4108863727464

a44cbdb7.jpg

Wilson my other bully, well he just likes to stay at the shoreline pretty much. He can swim ONLY with a life jacket on and even then he has a hard time keeping his head up. He was hoping for the big wave to come so he could surf. :laugh:
6bd5bebd.jpg

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.