Puppies are 9 1/2 weeks old

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
Is it time for them to be on dry dog food? I have been soaking their food in water. I had read that you should soak their food un til they are 12 weeks old.... any one ever hear that? Any thoughts on this? They seem to eat it ok dry and I keep lots of water for them.... Think it would bloat them? Seems to me that baby O was on dry at 8 weeks.... cause sis was not waiting any longer for her...LOL

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I am not an expert here - at all - but I got Truman at 9 weeks and he was eating hard food just fine, for a couple weeks before that too.

LuvBully26

Mar 8, 2010
Henderson. NV
Bulldog(s) Names
Buda,Bentley,Bella,Diesel, & Gia
When we had are liter we soaked there food until they were about 9 weeks. They would start to crawl into there mom and dads bowls and eat there food so we knew they were ready. hope this helps you. Congrats on your litter.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I believe you started O on dry food about 7 weeks. When we had her vet checked at 8 weeks, she said O was ready to come home with me! You are right! I couldn't wait a single day longer. I can't believe the babies are already old enough to be on there own!
Mom-we are having fun and it's been a safe trip. We are going out for one last ride early in the morning, packing up and hope to be home by 7pm. [MENTION=657]mom2bullies[/MENTION]

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
I got Bear at 9 weeks and he ate hard food fine. Never had to soak it.

Weberbulldogs

Jun 24, 2010
North Georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
Halo & her Baby Moose & 2 Frenchies Herschel and Margo
We start puppies off on a "powdered dry food" this is normal puppy food I put in the blender to make small pieces/powder and then added warm water to soften it up slowly adding less and less water and at about 6 weeks they were on only dry food.

I would say at 9+ weeks they should be ready for dry or atlest some supervised dry food time
:) just be sure the kibbble is small enough and they they are eating enough maybe still offer soaked kibble at night.

Good Luck

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.