The Heartache of this breed ! I am giving UP!!!!

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
My precious Carlie accidentally got bred{ yes naturally } to my young male Chaos, and had a hard time with this pregnancy. I wanted to wait and breed her for her last time next year she just turned 4. Took her in for C-section yesterday afternoon, everything was great, brought home 4 live beautiful babies. Brought Carlie in from Vet and was trying to get the pups latched on for their first feeding and then to my total shock Carlie took two gasps and died with her head in my lap. Now I have an unplanned litter to raise and my Precious Carlie back at the vet for a Necropsy to find out what happened. They are thinking she thru a bloodclot. Sometimes I wonder if the happiness that this breed brings to everyone, out weighs the heartache. May Miss Carlie R.I.P

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG... I am so sorry for this to have happen, my heart aches with you. Hugs and prayers to you and Carlie.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Oh my god! My heart goes out to you that is just awful beyond words. R.I.P Carlie.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
One more example of why I couldn't breed. So sorry. :cry: RIP Carlie.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
OH NO..........I am sorry to read this. It is a shock. Words can not express the pain you are going through. I don't blame you if you give up on breeding.

OP
goobers mom

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
Just recieved the news that Carlie bled out doesnt really know where or why doesnt really matter anymore.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
OMG I am so sorry! That poor girl :( My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family tonight.

Sweet dreams Miss Carlie :cry:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
:( My condolences. From your post, we can tell that Carlie was so loved. She has great company at the bridge. May happy memories help your heart heal. xoxo

RIP beautiful Carlie. <3

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Sooo horrible! I can't even imagin! !! You have to be soo devastated! If something happened to Bubba before his time< I wouldn't be able to handle it , I'm sure! My heart breaks for you!

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
I am so sorry for your loss. It is devastating when we lose our babies far too soon. RIP Carlie, you will never be forgotten and will always be loved.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Oh my, I am so sorry, that is terrible news. I just don't have the words for this. How are the pups doing? It's bad enough to loss your baby, but now you have pups the deal with. We bottle feed Buddy when he was a week and a half old because Lucy did not produce enough milk. Tube feeding always made me nervous. My heart goes out to you and may Carlie rest in peace.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online