Do you get your bully groomed?

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Bulldogs aren't know for being terribly high maintenance in terms of coat care but I was curious to know how many take their bulldog into the groomers? I've only done it once, when I needed the dogs out of the house for a couple hours to host a baby shower but they came back looking great, smelling beautiful, and silky soft.

Anyone else go in for a grooming?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I am with TessaAndSamson, I do it all, EXCEPT for nails and anal expressions, bathing about every 10 days, and daily face and butt wash. Ears as needed. What I know is as he gets older..., so is my back...so getting 60lbs. of Vegas in and out of the tub (and he loves a bath), is getting harder and harder, but it is $25 just for a bath at the groomers, nails are $11 and ears $5. I have to get his nails done about every 3 weeks because his grow so fast.

SonoftheSea

Jul 28, 2010
The Netherlands
Bulldog(s) Names
Bono, Son of the Sea
We have never visited a groomer with Bono. We do it all exept anal expressions. (VET)
Bono hates the grooming so every day it's a challenge :D
bath20bulldog.jpg

arimaeis

Aug 14, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ms. Piggy
Piggy doesn't seem to mind bath time we have a large walk-in shower and if Dusty opens the door she will walk right in with him. As far as nail trimming there is a groomer that charges me $5 per dog, so for fear of nicking too short I would rather pay the $5.

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
I was doing Bertie on my own, but since my Cocker Spaniel has a standing appointment every month, I decided to let Bertie go too for awhile...just so that she can get the socialization. I have been taking Dexter there (My Cocker) since he was a baby....and he just turned 2 in July. He loves going there! I figure since they are only charging me $5 more to bring Bertie in with him, and she gets bathed and her nails clipped. I can't beat the price! Plus she can be around other people and animals.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I don't take Gertie and Ida. We take Arrow only when he needs his belly and inner legs trimmed up. Otherwise he gets a bath in the yard. Luckily, all three like to get a bath.

Champ Waring

Mar 30, 2010
mom'z always bathes us herself. me n Girl have very sensitive skin and da fragrance stuff da groomers use irritates us. da last time i went to da groomers i came back wif red itchy face wrinkles...i wuz miserable for days :( but if ur groomer knows bullies and uses appropriate stuff i fink it wud be nice to go in and get pampered. mom wuz finking of taking me to a new place and letting dem know to use sumfin gentle on my face wrinkles. Girl went last week wif our friend's dog and she luved it. she smelled yummy too. oh yea, not to mention for awhile Girl was needing medicated bafs twice weekly (seasonal alopecia)....dat'z too much to pay a groomer for, even wif a good deal lol.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Last time I took a bully was Molly, they scrubbed her nose wrinkle raw, it began to puss and then came infection, yeast and $200 in vet bills. No more groomers for us!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
No groomers here. Last time I took the boys I wasnt so impressed with the smell from the shampoo. I actually think my baby shampoo and pantene smells better and lasts longer. For the cost it wasnt worth it. But I also dont do nails or anals, the vet does that also.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.