HBO Documentary?

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Has anyone watched the documentary "One Nation Under Dog"? It's on the HBO On-Demand Documentaries right now. I plan to watch it tonight. Just wondering if anyone else has seen it yet?

Kassie

May 15, 2012
Alabama
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus McGee
OMG saddest thing ever!:cry: My husband sat down and watched it w/me and when the gas chamber part came on he was cussing me...'Kassie, seriously where do you find this stuff? Please turn it'. But we finished it and i was glad. It was very educational

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
OMG saddest thing ever!:cry: My husband sat down and watched it w/me and when the gas chamber part came on he was cussing me...'Kassie, seriously where do you find this stuff? Please turn it'. But we finished it and i was glad. It was very educational
No HBO here....but now I'm scared to know what it's about :(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I heard about this and have no need to watch it... :cry:

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Wow...that was sad. There were some happy parts too though. Really emphasizes why rescues and low cost spay/neuter programs are so important!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I want to be the smartest person on the block and know about all that stuff --- but I don't. Even the commercials on TV upset me beyond being about to get over it right away when the commercial ends. I just can't look at that stuff. My chest will actually feel like it's breaking or something.... I can't explain it. But it's best I don't watch it. I know that. I'll have nightmares for weeks if I try to.....

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I watched it last week and sat there with tears running down my face. Its very educational, sad and uplifting all at the same time.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I hope those who know nothing about this DO watch it. I think it's great that over the past years this huge problem has finally come into the spotlight. I will be honest and say I knew nothing about this going on until I joined facebook a few years ago! I mean I saw a few puppy mills on the news but I had no idea how much of a problem it was. Education is key!!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online