How did your bully do with the fireworks last night?

Reed Wheeler

Jun 1, 2012
West Sacramento, California, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aengus
My babies slept through it like it never happened. Lol
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341521184.111932.jpg

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
phsssttttt. You mean how did I do with all the barking and loud exploding? :nonono: Not too good since I had to get up at 5 AM

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Gio HATES fireworks!!! We had them about a month ago and he flipped and ever since then he is scared of everything in the sky... so whenever a plane flies over he barks at it!! And it doesn't help that we live 10 minutes away from logan airport! So since there has been fireworks for the past week ever time I try to take him out the first thing he does is look up in the sky! Everyone at the 4th of July party we went to yesterday found it so funny to watch him bark at every plane that flew over! I hope he will get over this fear soon!

Howardsmom

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Howard
Howard didn't bark, but he cowered and trembled. He tried to hide behind me every time he heard one. Poor baby! My shar pug just slept :-)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
The only good thing about this extended record high temperatures and no rain weather period we have been having is that most of the fireworks around here that are usually a problem aren't happening. City made it very clear they would not tolerate anyone starting any fires. And were gonna crack down on offenders. So HRH hasn't heard a thing this year.

But any loud noise sends her scurrying for safety so although I'm looking forward to a break in the drought, I dread her fear when the thunder starts booming.

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Aubie didn't like the loud noises at first, but she calmed down. She was fine unless there was an extra loud bang.

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
I actually took Mr.Bruno to a fireworks show with the rest of the Family. It didn't bother him one bit. Thunder and or noise wont spook him. The curtain swaying in the wind however will freak him out. Ha!

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I have not been looking forward for July 4th for fear of all the noise being too much for Tank (7 months), but due to the dry conditions, a ban was placed last week and only those with permits were allowed to shoot them. It didn't stop everyone one of course, but there was less than normal. He and I stayed inside and whenever he did hear a boom, he would look at me and I would just act like it was nothing so soon he didn't seem concerned either. Made it through this one, got a while before the next one ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
was not possible for them to care any less than they did

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
The boys did okay last night. I tried to "desensitize" them from the noise by taking them outside and walking around a little earlier in the evening with random firecrackers going off here/there. They seemed to settle down pretty good. The party animal that I am was in bed by 9pm w/the boys, and that's when the loud booming began...just an occasional bark from Finn and then all 3 of us were in dreamland.Zzzz

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Not sure. We left Ellie Mae at home and my parents came by to take her out a couple of times since they are in the same subdivision, so we haven't crossed that bridge yet. She wasn't a fan of the thunderstorms that rolled through yesterday afternoon and tonight though. The rain didn't seem to bother her, but the thunder did.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
We desensitized Vegas the first year we had him. Ever since...the noise doesn't bother him. As long as Vegas is calm...so is baby O. Now...Vegas is attracted to the color in the sky. That was driving me crazy. He was outside for over an hour following the smoke and lights across the backyard. Once it got dark, it got worse. The flashing of color in the dark sky was never ending. Then I got smart. I closed the window blinds, pulled the blinds across the slider and turned on all the indoor lights. Once I ruined his fun, Vegas climbed up behind me on the couch and fell asleep. It was like a war zone here. The loud M80 and cannon going off was the worse. Luckily..12pm it all stopped. Silence. I love it when the neighborhood has an understanding.

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
Rudy was patrolling the yard barking and looking for the source of thsunbathing together.jpge noise. Had to lock him inside so he wouldn't run himself to death. (big back yard). Mila is Deaf so it didn't even faze her.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
My dogs barked maybe three times in unison and then gave up. I went to bed early so I slept through most of it. My cats looked around trying to figure out where the noise was coming from but were comforted by my presence and so they settled and fell asleep with me.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.