A "vicious breed" ?

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Max is reading up on the laws. Poor little dear, I don't have the heart to tell him that's not the right book.

attachment.php

This is one of the cutest pictures ever :luv:
We had a lot of problems finding a place to rent when we lived in So. CA that we had to live with my dad for a while. And we would even always describe him as the laziest, friendliest dog. Could you maybe take Max along one of those time so that they could meet him and see for themselves how "horribly vicious" he is? :rolleyes: Although describing him as a "poxer" would be pretty funny!

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Very well said! People pet my Chanel all the time and then as they are petting they ask me what she is and I tell them she is a pitbull and they back up but then realize wow she is a good dog :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so that explains my grammar :)

They really r just like dobis n rottis too!!!!! It's almost like the "guns don't kill ppl, ppl kill ppl" term dogs aren't bred vicious they r made that way by abuse n irresponsible pet owners!!!!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Peoples stupidity and ignorance is endless. I know small poodles that are more vicious than english bulldogs.

OP
TandVsMom

TandVsMom

Jun 26, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus and Bubbers
I love pits. They get such a bad reputation, especially when it comes to kids. But seriously, little kids should not be trusted alone with ANY dog because children do not understand dog boundaries and warnings. That is not the dog's fault. It is the fault of the parents or care giver. Our local shelters used to have a pit euthenasia policy and you could not even go and adopt one to save it, they were all put down after 3 days if the owner did not come to collect the dog. It was in the written that way in the city ordinances. So, the staff at the shelter started calling dogs that were CLEARLY pits labradors and retrievers to save them. Thank God they finally changed the ordinance.

My friend has a gorgeous red pit who is about as vicious as a dishrag, but he doesn't take him to the park, petstore, etc. because people act so paniced when they see the dog. At the same time, I have another friend who has a 15 pound Boston Terrier that would rather chew your leg off than breathe. :nope:

Just wanted to add, as well, that my bf has an American Bulldog, who weighs 170 pounds and WOULD NOT HURT a person or a butterfly on purpose. He just weighs a lot and doesn't always mind his feet and tail. lol. But he is a "vicious breed" who has to be cabled whenever he goes outside on my bf's FARM because the neighbors complain that he is a "threatening menace" and throw rocks at him while he is still on my bf's property.:nonono:

attachment.php

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
I love pits. They get such a bad reputation, especially when it comes to kids. But seriously, little kids should not be trusted alone with ANY dog because children do not understand dog boundaries and warnings. That is not the dog's fault. It is the fault of the parents or care giver. Our local shelters used to have a pit euthenasia policy and you could not even go and adopt one to save it, they were all put down after 3 days if the owner did not come to collect the dog. It was in the written that way in the city ordinances. So, the staff at the shelter started calling dogs that were CLEARLY pits labradors and retrievers to save them. Thank God they finally changed the ordinance.

My friend has a gorgeous red pit who is about as vicious as a dishrag, but he doesn't take him to the park, petstore, etc. because people act so paniced when they see the dog. At the same time, I have another friend who has a 15 pound Boston Terrier that would rather chew your leg off than breathe. :nope:

Just wanted to add, as well, that my bf has an American Bulldog, who weighs 170 pounds and WOULD NOT HURT a person or a butterfly on purpose. He just weighs a lot and doesn't always mind his feet and tail. lol. But he is a "vicious breed" who has to be cabled whenever he goes outside on my bf's FARM because the neighbors complain that he is a "threatening menace" and throw rocks at him while he is still on my bf's property.:nonono:

attachment.php

Some ppl really should have to abide by an eye for an eye shame on them I'm sure they wouldn't want rocks thrown at them yet they r probably more capable of hurting someone than your bfs dog!!!!! I know what you mean about kids!!!!!! I have to warn little ones that want to pet Porky yes she's a baby still but a 35 pound baby who can n may knock them down lol n if a little kid just runs up to pet her I ask them very nicely to back up stop ask me to pet her then come back!!!! Not only do I want her to learn to sit when she meets new people but obviously the parents aren't teaching them proper dog etiquette someone needs to!!!!!! I was talking to some girls at petco who were telling me that an English bulldog bit a child in one of their Pennsylvania stores n the child's mother tried having the dog euthenized saying it was unprovoked!!!! Well 3 petco associates came forward n said the child was running through the store jumping at all the dogs n had been asked by numerous people to stop the mother was even asked to control her child, then she came up behind the bully grabbed him n screamed so naturally he was scared n nipped!!!!!!! The child's mother lost her petition n the dog owner never faced a fine or quarantine!! Go Petco for standing up for the Bully!!!!!! Omg does he have blue eyes :) I love that face so very sweet even his breed has been "mistaken" for pit bulls....really ppl r just ignorant!!!!!!

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Peoples stupidity and ignorance is endless. I know small poodles that are more vicious than english bulldogs.

I know for a fact it's ppls ignorance n how u raise them!!!! My brother had a min pin named Cujo max lol :) n he was dumb but very very sweet n loveable long story short my brother had to give him to a friend n within a month he would bare his teeth at all of us and bark nonstop if u came within ten feet of him to this day my brother still regrets giving him up :(

OP
TandVsMom

TandVsMom

Jun 26, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus and Bubbers
Omg does he have blue eyes :) I love that face so very sweet even his breed has been "mistaken" for pit bulls....really ppl r just ignorant!!!!!!

He has one blue eye and one brown. Oddly enough, on the blue-eyed side, he is far more prone to ear infections and is a little hard of hearing.

OP
TandVsMom

TandVsMom

Jun 26, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus and Bubbers
This morning, his viciousness was even more horrifying.:blink:

:shout:

attachment.php

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I want you to know that I read this thread last night in bed on my Kindle. For some reason I can't respond to posts from my Kindle but I did read it and I had NIGHTMARES about being chased by that vicious animal.

I did! In my dream he was viciously trying to lick my face! :ROFL:

Some people and their ignorance amazes me.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.