Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A "vicious breed" ?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus and Bubbers
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: A "vicious breed" ?

I have to admit that I HAVE been very irritated on this issue. I've found several apartments and at least three different houses, gone through all the trouble of showing it to the kids, application process, etc., to get denied at the very end, even though the place clearly says they will rent to dog owners. This has been through about half a dozen different realtors, and the story is always the same. But having silly Max is worth whatever we have to go through. He is such a little clown, keeps us smiling all the time.

Maybe next time I will tell them he is a pug-boxer mix... a Poxer ? lol
    'Is he happy or sad? With all those wrinkles, it's hard to tell." V, age 7

Bulldog(s) Names
    Howard
    Likes (Received)

First of all - your pics are just adorable and made me smile!
    2nd of all this really ticks me off. I've had several people come up to me and tell me "good luck" with my dog since EBs are so nasty and vicious. That is just plain ignorance. One guy that walked into our vets office told me that as he walked in with 3 terrier type dogs. His dogs immediately started to snarl at another dog that got to close. All the while, Howard was hiding under a bench! Yup he's sure vicious!
    Megan with EB Howard and Ori-Pei Lucy

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

No matter how well trained your dog is, dog-owners are discriminated against when renting property. we got nailed by our landlord (illegally) when we brought Lola as a puppy home. She told us to promise to replace the new carpeting in the house or get rid of the puppy. we agreed because we didn't want a hassle, but it was totally illegal what she asked. No one can be denied rental because of a dog, Toronto is a dog-friendly city. but 'allergies' come up in the ad to deter people. Lola had 10 or less accidents in the house when she was 3-6 months old, and the frikken cat pukes on the carpet at least once a week! cats ok, dogs no? well, we're not replacing the carpet if it's not damaged that's for sure. but we're also not looking for a new place since we know it will be a fight at every turn. so sad.

BullyWood Movie Star I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Erin
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TandVsMom View Post
    Max is reading up on the laws. Poor little dear, I don't have the heart to tell him that's not the right book.

This is one of the cutest pictures ever
    We had a lot of problems finding a place to rent when we lived in So. CA that we had to live with my dad for a while. And we would even always describe him as the laziest, friendliest dog. Could you maybe take Max along one of those time so that they could meet him and see for themselves how "horribly vicious" he is? Although describing him as a "poxer" would be pretty funny!

Doggie Boutique Owner porkysmamma's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ChanelnBrutus View Post
    Very well said! People pet my Chanel all the time and then as they are petting they ask me what she is and I tell them she is a pitbull and they back up but then realize wow she is a good dog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so that explains my grammar
    They really r just like dobis n rottis too!!!!! It's almost like the "guns don't kill ppl, ppl kill ppl" term dogs aren't bred vicious they r made that way by abuse n irresponsible pet owners!!!!
    Never knew what our lives were missing until we found our princess

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Peoples stupidity and ignorance is endless. I know small poodles that are more vicious than english bulldogs.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus and Bubbers
    Likes (Received)

I love pits. They get such a bad reputation, especially when it comes to kids. But seriously, little kids should not be trusted alone with ANY dog because children do not understand dog boundaries and warnings. That is not the dog's fault. It is the fault of the parents or care giver. Our local shelters used to have a pit euthenasia policy and you could not even go and adopt one to save it, they were all put down after 3 days if the owner did not come to collect the dog. It was in the written that way in the city ordinances. So, the staff at the shelter started calling dogs that were CLEARLY pits labradors and retrievers to save them. Thank God they finally changed the ordinance.

My friend has a gorgeous red pit who is about as vicious as a dishrag, but he doesn't take him to the park, petstore, etc. because people act so paniced when they see the dog. At the same time, I have another friend who has a 15 pound Boston Terrier that would rather chew your leg off than breathe.

Just wanted to add, as well, that my bf has an American Bulldog, who weighs 170 pounds and WOULD NOT HURT a person or a butterfly on purpose. He just weighs a lot and doesn't always mind his feet and tail. lol. But he is a "vicious breed" who has to be cabled whenever he goes outside on my bf's FARM because the neighbors complain that he is a "threatening menace" and throw rocks at him while he is still on my bf's property.

Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TandVsMom View Post
    I love pits. They get such a bad reputation, especially when it comes to kids. But seriously, little kids should not be trusted alone with ANY dog because children do not understand dog boundaries and warnings. That is not the dog's fault. It is the fault of the parents or care giver. Our local shelters used to have a pit euthenasia policy and you could not even go and adopt one to save it, they were all put down after 3 days if the owner did not come to collect the dog. It was in the written that way in the city ordinances. So, the staff at the shelter started calling dogs that were CLEARLY pits labradors and retrievers to save them. Thank God they finally changed the ordinance.

My friend has a gorgeous red pit who is about as vicious as a dishrag, but he doesn't take him to the park, petstore, etc. because people act so paniced when they see the dog. At the same time, I have another friend who has a 15 pound Boston Terrier that would rather chew your leg off than breathe.

Just wanted to add, as well, that my bf has an American Bulldog, who weighs 170 pounds and WOULD NOT HURT a person or a butterfly on purpose. He just weighs a lot and doesn't always mind his feet and tail. lol. But he is a "vicious breed" who has to be cabled whenever he goes outside on my bf's FARM because the neighbors complain that he is a "threatening menace" and throw rocks at him while he is still on my bf's property.

Some ppl really should have to abide by an eye for an eye shame on them I'm sure they wouldn't want rocks thrown at them yet they r probably more capable of hurting someone than your bfs dog!!!!! I know what you mean about kids!!!!!! I have to warn little ones that want to pet Porky yes she's a baby still but a 35 pound baby who can n may knock them down lol n if a little kid just runs up to pet her I ask them very nicely to back up stop ask me to pet her then come back!!!! Not only do I want her to learn to sit when she meets new people but obviously the parents aren't teaching them proper dog etiquette someone needs to!!!!!! I was talking to some girls at petco who were telling me that an English bulldog bit a child in one of their Pennsylvania stores n the child's mother tried having the dog euthenized saying it was unprovoked!!!! Well 3 petco associates came forward n said the child was running through the store jumping at all the dogs n had been asked by numerous people to stop the mother was even asked to control her child, then she came up behind the bully grabbed him n screamed so naturally he was scared n nipped!!!!!!! The child's mother lost her petition n the dog owner never faced a fine or quarantine!! Go Petco for standing up for the Bully!!!!!! Omg does he have blue eyes I love that face so very sweet even his breed has been "mistaken" for pit bulls....really ppl r just ignorant!!!!!!

Real Name
    Alicia
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Porkchop aka Porky
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RiiSi View Post
    Peoples stupidity and ignorance is endless. I know small poodles that are more vicious than english bulldogs.
    I know for a fact it's ppls ignorance n how u raise them!!!! My brother had a min pin named Cujo max lol n he was dumb but very very sweet n loveable long story short my brother had to give him to a friend n within a month he would bare his teeth at all of us and bark nonstop if u came within ten feet of him to this day my brother still regrets giving him up

Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus and Bubbers
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by porkysmamma View Post
    Omg does he have blue eyes I love that face so very sweet even his breed has been "mistaken" for pit bulls....really ppl r just ignorant!!!!!!
    He has one blue eye and one brown. Oddly enough, on the blue-eyed side, he is far more prone to ear infections and is a little hard of hearing.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus and Bubbers
    Likes (Received)

This morning, his viciousness was even more horrifying.

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I want you to know that I read this thread last night in bed on my Kindle. For some reason I can't respond to posts from my Kindle but I did read it and I had NIGHTMARES about being chased by that vicious animal.

I did! In my dream he was viciously trying to lick my face!

Some people and their ignorance amazes me.

For me, her name was Abby
    10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012

Obtaining a dog license should require more than writing a check.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads