Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What brought you to English Bulldog News?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Pan Cake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: What brought you to English Bulldog News?

I did a random search one night when I was surfing the web. Until that night I had no idea that I was not alone in my obsession over my bully.

I wasn't really an avid user of the sight until recently, when Pan's allergies really started to act up.
    I wanted to do what I could to help relieve his symptoms. It seemed like over night he went from an occasional itchy spell and ear infection, to chronic suffering.

So it was time to make a change and find out what all of my options were. I think I have a great vet, but I wanted other opinions. So back here I ended up.

You guys are a wealth of information, and you're more than willing to help and offer advise. Now I'm addicted to the site. And find myself giving advise too! Such a vicious circle...lol.

Hope you guys don't mind, but I think I'm here to stay!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PeterPanAndWendy View Post
    I did a random search one night when I was surfing the web. Until that night I had no idea that I was not alone in my obsession over my bully.

I wasn't really an avid user of the sight until recently, when Pan's allergies really started to act up.
    I wanted to do what I could to help relieve his symptoms. It seemed like over night he went from an occasional itchy spell and ear infection, to chronic suffering.

So it was time to make a change and find out what all of my options were. I think I have a great vet, but I wanted other opinions. So back here I ended up.

You guys are a wealth of information, and you're more than willing to help and offer advise. Now I'm addicted to the site. And find myself giving advise too! Such a vicious circle...lol.

Hope you guys don't mind, but I think I'm here to stay!

Quick! Close the door..we got a live one here! ...

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

I also found a site bulldoginformation that look like plausible site until you find that they recommend Royal Canin over raw feeding...Took their credibility away in an instant.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson "Sammy"
    Likes (Received)

Samson's case of pneumonia when he was a puppy a year ago! I needed solace and found it with other bulldog owners.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

My bf and I were having trouble controlling Stiggy's allergies. Have never joined a forum back then but posted something on the pets section of another site I frequented for shopping tips. Needless to say all the posters weren't useful and sometimes rude. I remember one saying that they'd never get a brachycephallic breed because the issues weren't worth it, another said to return him before my bf and I get too attached, then some others were pushing for me to give them the breeder's info (!!!), assumingly, to bash them online. The best advice someone (my gut tells me that it was my breeder under her username) did give was to find a bully dedicated forum. Googled and, voila!, addicted ever since. Actually, I tried another site before this but they asked for an entry fee which I thought didn't make sense if I couldn't even browse and see if it was worth it or not.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Oogle Me on Google Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I was promised Nekkidness and Beer ! but instead, I got Bullies ! (even BETTER!)

Bulldog(s) Names
    Charlie
    Likes (Received)

Everyone says i need therapy for how much i care about my EB. I have owned dogs all my life, and as a kid dreamed of having an EB. Well, im 25 and my dream came true, And i cant explain it but i have never loved anything like i do for this dog ( sept for my wife, who tolerates this as much as she can ). So i spend a lot of my free time looking for anything EB related, and im very happy i found EBN!!! I don't have much experience but am always willing to share what i have learned in hopes of helping whoever i can.
    There is no love in the world like English Bulldog LOVE!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruby, Pebble and Stella
    Likes (Received)

Not sure if I'm on the right board but... I have been with Bulldog news since it was created but haven't been on alot. I love the information that everyone provides but I have such a hard time figuring out which board to go on so leave the site. There are so many different boards to go on how do you all figure it out? I would love to be on this site all the time but is there somewhere to figure this all out. Maybe its just me!
    Roanne
    Last edited by roanne9145; 08-05-2012 at 02:00 PM.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ally
    Likes (Received)

I stumbled upon the site in my search for more and more information. I have been lurking on the site for a few weeks trying to learn everything I could before bringing my bully baby home. This site and the people involved are awesome. I have learned so much and I think my sweet baby Ally (we got her 6 days ago) is off to the best start possible because of everything I've learned here. I log in every day to see what new information I can find and look at everyone's beautiful dogs. There is something super special about this breed and the commitment bulldog parents have for their fur babies. I am so happy to have found all of you.
    -ally-jpg

Bulldog(s) Names
    Emily Louise, Bowzer Bramblemitts (02/05/2001 - 06/14/2012)
    Likes (Received)

A desperate Google search for "8 week old English bulldog puppy biting".

Crazy Bulldog Lady Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

What Brought You To English Bulldog News
    by Bulldogs4me

It was a sunny and hot California day and I was home alone the bulldogs were sleeping and I was very busy cyber-stalking bulldogs on Facebook when out of the clear black-n-white text of the page were the most beautiful words .... "you should go to englishbulldogsnews.com I'm sure they can help you" .... though the message was not for me (remember I was cyber-stalking bulldogs at that moment) I rushed right over to see this place they were talking about where you could find any topic on bulldogs answered within those cyber pages!! As I fumbled through the pages I realized no one had warned anyone here of my obsession with anything and everything bulldog and took the chance to sign up before you could all be warned!!

The End
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

Bully lovin' gypsy Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Herman
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogs4me View Post
    What Brought You To English Bulldog News
    by Bulldogs4me

It was a sunny and hot California day and I was home alone the bulldogs were sleeping and I was very busy cyber-stalking bulldogs on Facebook when out of the clear black-n-white text of the page were the most beautiful words .... "you should go to englishbulldogsnews.com I'm sure they can help you" .... though the message was not for me (remember I was cyber-stalking bulldogs at that moment) I rushed right over to see this place they were talking about where you could find any topic on bulldogs answered within those cyber pages!! As I fumbled through the pages I realized no one had warned anyone here of my obsession with anything and everything bulldog and took the chance to sign up before you could all be warned!!

The End

I was just being the typical worry wart about EVERYTHING. i spent (and probably still do) every...single...night and day, googling something about scratches scars, diet, grooming, etc. i think at the time i was worried about Herman's ears and i think my first post was about ears and teething. but EBN had always come up in my worry wart searches. i guess the night before my birthday (which i probably had forgotten because i was too worried about Herman) is when I joined.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Remove Ads