Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What brought you to English Bulldog News?

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: What brought you to English Bulldog News?

I just wanted to learn everything there is to know about my Usko's wonderful breed and stumbled on this sight. I still google "english bulldog" now and then, but this is hand down the best sight I've found or even expect to find anymore.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Krista
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug
    Likes (Received)

I found EBN after looking for answers about Aubrey's digestive and tear stain problems. It was truly a blessing!!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Ooooooh! How did I miss this??

Well..it was a dark and stormy night...I was signed up on another bulldog forum. (). And it was the first forum I had ever done.. ..it's true...I was a Forum Virgin! I joined them in January..about a week before Jake was to come home..I read and just lurked mostly..but when Jake came home..I did an introduction and started asking questions! I found the people there (not all..but too many) to be very mean! They chastised me for buying a mistake of the universe dog! I was astonished but still didn't leave..then one day one of the "Meanies" ...just jumped into a poor newbie and yelled at her or asking a question that had been asked before! I couldn't bite my tongue any longer and called the guy a bad name..Starts with A..and ends with SS..... Then all heck broke loose..and a very nice member there came to my defense and a lot of us who had joined up at the same time! She announced she was leaving that forum because of how they were treating all of us new Bully owners. She let us know she was searching for a new forum..and guess what? It was EBN! That wonderful friend of mine and about 12 others who followed her is @BabyDuke. She led me through the initial figuring things out..because I'm not very techy! Soooo..that was March of 2011 and about 8000 posts ago! how will I ever thank her! And how will some here..ever forgive her! I'm very thankful for the wonderful friends I've made and because of this place..Jake is a much happier..healthier Bully! ..Muah Karen!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Hard to think back so far. I had been on other forums and kinda drifted off for one reason or another. Ran across ebn on Facebook and realized how much at home i was almost instantly. The rest is history really. What has kept me here was how diff ebn is from all the rest. The family atmosphere, lack of attacking for every little thing etc... I Hate the high school drama that seems to be everywhere else and i love that Lisa has worked so hard to try and keep it away from here.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

My husband was searching the web for pics and stumbled across EBN and so showed me and I joined and I have been so grateful ever since that day as I just love the sight, and all the help and tips and of course a good laugh at times.
    Thanks EBN

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Ooooooh! How did I miss this??

Well..it was a dark and stormy night...I was signed up on another bulldog forum. (). And it was the first forum I had ever done.. ..it's true...I was a Forum Virgin! I joined them in January..about a week before Jake was to come home..I read and just lurked mostly..but when Jake came home..I did an introduction and started asking questions! I found the people there (not all..but too many) to be very mean! They chastised me for buying a mistake of the universe dog! I was astonished but still didn't leave..then one day one of the "Meanies" ...just jumped into a poor newbie and yelled at her or asking a question that had been asked before! I couldn't bite my tongue any longer and called the guy a bad name..Starts with A..and ends with SS..... Then all heck broke loose..and a very nice member there came to my defense and a lot of us who had joined up at the same time! She announced she was leaving that forum because of how they were treating all of us new Bully owners. She let us know she was searching for a new forum..and guess what? It was EBN! That wonderful friend of mine and about 12 others who followed her is @BabyDuke. She led me through the initial figuring things out..because I'm not very techy! Soooo..that was March of 2011 and about 8000 posts ago! how will I ever thank her! And how will some here..ever forgive her! I'm very thankful for the wonderful friends I've made and because of this place..Jake is a much happier..healthier Bully! ..Muah Karen!
    best thing we ever did!!

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

I was working around the house as usual one day and fell and hit my head. When I woke up I was on EBN and haven't been able to figure out how to get off ever since...

OK,,,,, it was either that, or, LariP, she who must be obeyed, told me to join.
    Last edited by BruceP; 07-17-2012 at 09:27 AM.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    I was working around the house as usual one day and fell and hit my head. When I woke up I was on EBN and haven't been able to figure out how to get off ever since...

OK,,,,, it was either that, or, LariP, she who must be obeyed, told me to join. :grump:

Speaks

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Speaks

That's MR. Geezer to you!!!!

Kennel Cleaner Become a 4 Paw Member fortindycouple's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jeffrey Ryan
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack
    Likes (Received)

We searched the internet looking for any kind of information we could find on bulldogs, as we are new to this breed. We actually didn't even consider a Bulldog until Butler University introduced Blue III to our city at a game. From that point on, we researched like crazy. Actually became members here before we got Jack, but have just recently become active. This site is so much more helpful than any book, magazine article, or Internet information because it allows families to talk in realtime bulldog talk. There is no breed like this, and we are so happy, thrilled, and proud to be bulldog parents!!!
    Life is good today!!

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

I was waiting for my Lola to be old enough to come home and I was nervous and scared! I had heard horror stories about EB and I wanted to make sure I was educated so Lola would have the best care. I got onto yahoo.com and started typing different things into the search box and it pulled up this site. I started reading and havent ever turned back. I dont need to search for anything anymore because this site has the answer and if it doesnt you just post and someone will help you! I love this site and the people on it!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

well i got tired of taking sarah to the vet like every 2 weeks for yeast or something. i felt so helpless and stupid as i could not seem to fix her no matter what. well i got online and pulled up bulldog and this site came up and ive not looked back since. its so warm and informative and the people are the best. i have gone up in ranks to so that helps. naw its a great site.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Remove Ads