Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: What brought you to English Bulldog News?

Real Name
    Kevin
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Renzo
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: What brought you to English Bulldog News?

I can't even come close to matching the stories that others have posted, but here it goes. I'm a big time forum freak, I love them, I think forums are one of the best things on the Internet. So whenever I want to learn about a specific topic I head to the forums. I did a search for bulldog forums and several popped up. I looked at three, I think, but the others just didn't feel right. As some of you have come to learn I have a sense of humor, I'm sarcastic, and a tad bit goofy. When reading through the EBN forums I learned that there are several kindred spirits here. The other thing I learned is that everyone is very welcoming and over the top nice. I joined and immediately felt that I belonged. EBN feels more like a family than mere acquaintances on the interwebs. I love this place, now you're stuck with me. Now I just need to get my wife on here.
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice ~ Neil Peart

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

I think I just googled and stumbled upon it. Fell into it like "Alice in Wonderland."
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Schultz
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Love theses stories too. Unlike, @Texkota I am not a forum person (honestly had no idea these places existed) like @Fontanafox I did a google search looking for information about bulldogs and found EBN. As many already know this place is special (I looked at a Weimaraner forum after I found EBN and forums and it couldn't have been more different....information not too useful and lots of snarky venting....needless to say I didn't join). I found EBN looking for information but I stuck around because the people are very special
    Last edited by Libra926; 07-11-2012 at 10:33 AM. Reason: fixed tag

My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am ~ author unknown

BullyWood Movie Star I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Erin
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

I love all these stories. EBN is special in that all the people here who make it that way are here for the dogs and don't let differences of opinion or pettiness get in the way of that.

I found EBN under pure panic of suddenly having a EB puppy and not knowing what to do. Once we had decided to get one, I did tons of research and reading beforehand, but we were expecting to get an older rescue, so I ignored puppy stuff. We applied for a rescue, but got denied twice. Heartbroken, my husband started researching puppies. I was so worried because I had read about scams and bad breeders. He came across a breeder and we liked the look of her puppies and she had the parents onsite and invited us over to see everything, so we felt those were good signs. We went just to "look" at the puppies and her place, then of course we fell in love and walked out with a puppy. Once we started driving, pure panic set in as we realized we had nothing. Luckily we made it to Petsmart right before they closed and grabbed what we thought. The very next day, I started googling "English Bulldog information" and stumbled across EBN. I lurked, just reading posts and got enough info to know we had to make another run to Petsmart. Then I joined (I think in October of 2010) and lurked some more, just reading everything I could. I was too shy to post, but I was able to solve many of the puppy issues we came across (diarrhea, teething, throwing up) thanks to EBN. I had previous experience with pugs, so I understood wrinkle and fold care and breathing issues. But the allergies and food issues were a whole new ballgame and thanks to EBN, we became aware of dog food quality and ingredients... and finally found a food that Frank thrived on. We also found a great vet when we lived in CA thanks to EBN.
    But across all that reading, I realized EBN was truly a special site with supportive and kind members. I eventually posted here and there, but it took me nearly a year and a half to get comfortable enough to post regularly. But that is usually how long it takes me to be comfortable enough around people to call them friends!

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

I was doing research on Eb's and why they STUNK so bad!! I found EBN and joined June of 2010, I am also not a forum person but I had a burning question...The very first post I posted was "Why does my bulldog stink so bad?" I was flooded with answers...all of them being "What food are you feeding him" I thought What in the world does food have to do with him stinking so bad?? I am serious my whole house stunk, the minute you walked in my front door you could smell Vegas. At the time I was feeding him Iams...again . I stuck around the forum and learned about foods and bullys, along with other helpful information. I did a slow food change and was absolutely amazed with the difference. I actually wrote an article on this site under Food then and now. Vegas had open sores on his face and was just full of allergies and yeast. Within about 5 weeks of the food change I had a new bully!!!!! I fell in love with the forum and all the wonderful members, I felt right at home and knew it was where we belonged, I mean seriously who knows the love you feel for your bully like another bully lover??

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Texkota View Post
    , I'm sarcastic, and a tad bit goofy. .

Noooooooo.......... really??????

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    Noooooooo.......... really??????

I hadn't noticed either!

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

I joined December 2010 Shortly after I got dozer. I was having typical puppy issues and a few health issues. I had found another forum first and HATED it . So glad I found you guys
    If tears could build a staircase and happy memories a lane, I could walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Beefy
    Likes (Received)

I happened to come upon EBN right before I got Beef. I had never owned an EB and thought I should really educate myself before I brought him home. I couldn't ask for a better group of teachers!

Alaskasmom1

I was searching for ANYTHING that would make me a great Bully mom. I had only owned Boxers for the past 13-14 yrs. when the last one passed from old age, I got Tank. Then I got Alaska. My husband is a Boat Captain and is gone away often. I love the companionship and challenge of Bully's. Mostly I love them as family members. The info I have gotten on this forum is invaluable. I have learned a lot over the past three yrs of researching and owning my two dogs. I don't even look anywhere else anymore except here. Someone always has an answer for me or interesting reading.-imageuploadedbytapatalk1341983979-986564-jpg-imageuploadedbytapatalk1341984012-755238-jpg-imageuploadedbytapatalk1341984034-254921-jpg

Tank and Alaska Blue (Aka "Iddy" as in "Iddy Biddy")

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Watson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I found EBN while researching about EB's about 1-2 months prior to getting Watson. Hands down, the best website/community on the planet

A bad BOY, not a girl! Become a 4 Paw Member LolasPuppet's Avatar
    Ljubljana & Portorož, both in Slovenia, in the middle of Europe
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola
    Likes (Received)

Uncle Google.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Remove Ads