Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: What brought you to English Bulldog News?

Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruby
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: What brought you to English Bulldog News?

I stumbled across EBN while googling congestion in bully's, I poked around abit liked what I saw and decided to stay, I've only been a member for a month or two but the advice from other users on the site has been invaluable, being a new bully owner it's great to be able to seek advice of people who know the breed so well only wish I would of found this site a lot soon than I did, thanks for all the help

2. Likes KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG liked this post
    Real Name
    Kimberly
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Khloe
    Likes (Received)

I found EBN after adopting my beautiful bully Khloe. People talk about how you help a bully when you adopt them. In my experience she has done sooo much more for me than I could ever have done for her. My baby girl was abused in a puppy mill. I could not imagine who could have ever hurt a precious angel like her. Since joining our family in march she has become our little princess. EBN has taught me the proper way to take care of her (my first bully). In the 9 months that we have been blessed to love her she has made a complete turn around. She is full of life and has filled our lives with more joy then I could ever explain. Thank you to everyone who posts information and comments. Khloe and I read them together. Lol!

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bulhei View Post
    Someone posted a link about dog food which is a constant headache for us I poked around a bit and decided I liked what I I saw and here I am. I was a member on a U.K. Site that shut down a while back and just fb recently
    Which site was that?

5. Likes KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG liked this post
    Real Name
    Pete
    Country
    japan
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

Bulldogowners.uk maybe it's been a couple of years...it was a great site very easy to find advice and the regular questions didn't need to be asked over and over

7. Likes KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Roscoe
    Likes (Received)

I was googling for help about my poor dogs shedding.
    In my darkest hour I reached for a hand and found a paw.

9. Likes KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG liked this post
    Bully Bootie Duty betterxthanxnew's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tasha Penwell
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Effie & Josie
    Likes (Received)

Some of these stories are so funny! I found EBN a couple of weeks before we got Effie. I was mostly interested in learning about general care for bulldogs. I've only ever had cats (and 2 silly little hamsters). I've never had a dog as an adult. Of course we had dogs growing up- my mom was an avid beagle lover. But, Buttons the beagle wasn't my responsibility. I wanted to make sure my husband I were as prepared as possible. Sooo like many others- I lurked for a while. Starting sometime in February. I believe I officially joined the site shortly after bringing Effie home in March. I'm currently debating getting the 4 paw membership. This site is just so entertaining and helpful beyond words. I can't even count how many times I've looked things up- this puppy phase has been a real doozy!! So thanks to everyone! A lot of us "newbie" owners would be 1000x more stressed out without all of your help!
    "Be the person your dog thinks you are"

Bully Bootie Duty Become a 4 Paw Member KristaB026's Avatar
    Real Name
    Krista
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)

I would google if I needed to know anything about Bentley and google brought me here. At first I would pick around a little bit, not commenting. Then I started to find myself on the site longer. The conversations where helpful or fun. I questioned myself why I didn't sign up sooner. I'm so glad I did! July was a very difficult month for me personally. I feel like I have already made real friends with more than just a common interest. Everyone has been so nice and supportive too. I have never once felt silly by asking a question. I just hope that someday I can be as knowledgeable in bulldog care as the EBN veterans!

Bully Bootie Duty Become a 4 Paw Member KristaB026's Avatar
    Real Name
    Krista
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by betterxthanxnew View Post
    Some of these stories are so funny! I found EBN a couple of weeks before we got Effie. I was mostly interested in learning about general care for bulldogs. I've only ever had cats (and 2 silly little hamsters). I've never had a dog as an adult. Of course we had dogs growing up- my mom was an avid beagle lover. But, Buttons the beagle wasn't my responsibility. I wanted to make sure my husband I were as prepared as possible. Sooo like many others- I lurked for a while. Starting sometime in February. I believe I officially joined the site shortly after bringing Effie home in March. I'm currently debating getting the 4 paw membership. This site is just so entertaining and helpful beyond words. I can't even count how many times I've looked things up- this puppy phase has been a real doozy!! So thanks to everyone! A lot of us "newbie" owners would be 1000x more stressed out without all of your help!

Agree, so true!

13. Likes KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG liked this post
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tiberius
    Likes (Received)

I found the site through google while trying to find information on how to take care of our new bulldog puppy.

Real Name
    Sara
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Charlotte
    Likes (Received)

CHARLOTTE! I'd wanted an English bulldog forever and never had the home for one. Even have an EB breeder in the family! Anyhow, finally I commit to a pup from an upcoming litter. She was to be born in March -- about a six month wait. All is well in the world waiting for my pup...then I learn I'm going to have a BABY! May comes around and here I am at my baby shower and my little pup is there! Surprise! Anyhow moving along.... So now I'm 7mths pregnant with an 8 week old EB! Did I mention first one ever??? LOL we were great for a while...google and Cesar Milan were my friend as I learned all about EB's. Then Charlotte started to get red and what I thought were allergies. Off to the very expensive vet we went weekly... Every day she got a little worse more and more meds, changed foods, everything. It was horrible for a few weeks. And then I found EBN! I read every thread to do with rashes, allergies, health, ALL. OF. THEM. I figured Charlotte had puppy mange! Called up my breeder family and they gave me name of med to give her- amazon ordered and about one or two weeks later we were almost perfect again! Bye bye bad vet and hello EBN and new Vet! Baby arrived happy and healthy and Charlotte is happy and healthy too! (Most of the time)

Thats our story!

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member natski282's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Primrose= Rosie and Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)

Umm seeing that I am now from a previous thread "out of the closet " about Bully bums and Tongues this the reason I.....................

No JOKIN
    I had spent two years looking for a good breeder and finding out about this wonderful breed of dog and way back when Dinosaurs roamed still My Grand MoM had a OEB that I never forgot many years later . I spent one heck of a lot of time in reading and research of them , I went to many sites but this one was ALIVE if you know what I mean with info , and for some that have gotten to know Me being the reclusive kinda guy I am ( Jokin again ) , NO really this site had a true live personality with knowledgeable owners of the breed that love the breed as much as I have grown over the years to love , it was a NO Brainer to come here a lot for Me . As I grew with My Bully I felt I could give some back to people that just got there first Bully like some did for Me I also have owned Many breeds and many many dogs that also adds to experience to pass on , and did I mention there are a lot of great picks of Bully B... and T......

Real Name
    Chanelle
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Romulan & Roscoe
    Likes (Received)

A friend just told me about the site today so I had to join!! My beloved Romulan just turned one on December 23rd! And we are hoping to get another pup once his mama has another litter baby brother coming soon! -12391170_10156321932005527_2914334000546456652_n-jpg
    Add me on Instagram! rom_the_bully

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Remove Ads