Boy Vs Girl Bulldog

jlj781

Jun 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy Bufflyn (2011-2019)
Hey, were looking for our first bulldog and want to know what if any there is for differences between girl and boy bulldogs? im planning on getting which ever we get fixed if that makes much of a difference. the puppies are going to be born within the week and we dont know if we should pick a puppy becasue of the sex or if the temperment or somthing would be more important. thanks for your help!

OP
jlj781

jlj781

Jun 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy Bufflyn (2011-2019)
i found another forum on here on the subject that was helpful but any other advise would be great thanks!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I think it often boils down to personal preference. We got a girl because I didn't want a dog that humped and boy dogs often do....well guess what...so does HRH when she gets excited! :rofl: thankfully though the episodes are infrequent and brief.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Really it is just preference. Girls seem to be more feisty but not all of them. I kinda like that in my miila tho. Cutty is stubborn as they come and all boy. Lol I have no preference really but they say boots will be mamas boys and snuggle more and girls more towards men. In my house they all snuggle me tho. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

kingofkings

Mar 23, 2012
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson The Bold
The Bulldog Information Library has great information pertaining to Selecting a Puppy with Personality Tests...
when we went to choose a puppy , we did so with our family in mind and how the puppy would best fit into our family..that way we could give it a head start on fitting in with our children,home, and lifestyle..or your own personality ! Make sure you are able to become the alpha leader that he/she will need,although there can only be one alpha in a pack (your family ) there is a totem pole , you will decide where he/she will rank! and dont worry ,, you will have a good amount of time together to establish this but it will make it a lot easier on you if you can decipher the personality of the puppy before you buy it ! We chose a C personality , we have small children and wanted to ensure that the dog we chose would not shy away or bring about anxiety problems later on when the little ones approach him. Of course personality traits vary from breed to breed so Im sure you are already read up on all of it, haha, we checked out EVERY Ceaser Millan book our library offered and had some sent in. ! We also went on choosing a male. Of course this is preference, our boy (Samson ) has been AMAZING he is great with the children, not aggressive, (you can be in charge of keeping this in check as he/she grows )pretty much what we expected from personality test.
Best of luck with your puppy !and have fun training ! (have fun training your puppy too) It took Samson to show me how to become more assertive and a better leader !Enjoy your baby ,,whatever you decide on !

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Go visit the litter and choose based on personality/temperament.... sex really does not matter unless you are get two or will have two dogs in the house

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I chose a boy as my female pug was a bit aggresive and my boys were all on the quiter side and to tell the truth I don't do well with the females on heat, but of course all dogs are different.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
The one time when I had the glorious duty of choosing a single pup out of a wiggling litter, I chose the pup who chose me. :) Little Mabeline Fabulash walked right up to me and practically jumped into my arms. The deal was done!

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
I have 2 boy EB's, but I have a female German Shepherd and English Mastiff. The girls are the big b**ches in this house but I love my ornery boys

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I had 2 litters to choose from and between both litters there were 4 females the rest were males, anyway I went and looked one female was quiet and still while the other whined and cried a lot. I held several but when it came to her she snuggled right away and fell asleep in my arms. I had a feeling right away she was the one and when i put her down she started whining and wanted back up so knowing my soft heart I picked her back up and she settled right down again I just knew. I think you will bond with one and one will choose you and you will know in your heart which one to choose. I know sounds cheesy but its how things work out lol.

BIJAH

May 28, 2012
San Jose CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ari Gold
I chose a male. haha that is all. Gonna neuter him before he gets into that humping habit. Pimpin' aint easy!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
In my opinion female bullies are a bit more feisty and stubborn than males, at least the ones I know. But I'm sure exeptions exist. Anyway, Usko has never humped anything but air:lmao:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ive only had sarah and ive grown fond of girls but i think each has their own set of joys and problems. when ive had the occasion to pick my animals myself ive found they pick me really. id go visit the litter and see which one picks you.

BIJAH

May 28, 2012
San Jose CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ari Gold
As for picking a pup from a litter, Cesar Milan says to pick the personality that best fits you. More dominant of litter, laid back of litter, energetic, etc.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online