Bulldog wrinkle care?

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
I clean my Bulldogs wrinkles with baby wipes, dry them with cotton balls and apply Desitin ointment to keep them dry.
This was recommended by my Veternarian, however, the Vet at the ER said no. Another incidence of getting conflicting information from healthcare professionals, which is driving me Crazy!

this seems kinda silly but it makes sense to me- after working with little kids for awhile, changing way too many diapers, and seeing all the different diaper creams their parents sent for them, I have to say that getting that bum some nice fresh, dry air works better than any cream (no, i didnt test it out at work, my son handled that with his love of being naked at home)! and as far as i know diaper creams act as a barrier so the only way they will help is if you are applying it to a completely dry area. so, now that i've compared bully wrinkles to baby bums, i feel like the best wrinkle care is to keep them dry, which is a never-ending task for us! whoa that was really random, can you tell my life revolves around bullies and kids!

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
My vet told me to use just plain old baby wipes or Stridex pads. He said that the malacetic do pretty much the same thing as the stridex, only it costs more to use them. He said if I have any problems with redness or inflammation to use a burn creme. He also said that as loing as the wrinkles are kept clean and dry that there usually will be no problems at all.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I just started with the Duoxo wipes and desitin for Gator. He is on a great food (wellness puppy) but since this just started less than a week ago (with the nose rope anyway), I am thinking allergies from the spring weather we are having. It is bothering the rest of us including my husband who never had an environmental allergy in his life until now.

PukaMiniBulldogs

Mar 18, 2011
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Mai, Tai, and Tiki
Baby wipes work just fine. I would be afraid that ointment of any kind, unless the dog must have it do to irritated skin, would cause dirt to build up.

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
I use huggies baby wipes to clean their face and butts several times daily. I sometimes use peroxide if their stains start to get dark.

Members online

No members online now.