My bat eared bully baby

hughesjo

Jun 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Nelson
Hi, my puppy Nelson who is now 18 weeks old is morphing into a bat! When we got Nelson one of his ears was cocked up straight and over the last 4 weeks the other has stood up to join it!! I have been reading that breeders would have glued the ears of a younger pup to stop the ears from doing this however I was not aware that this needed to be done and to be honest would not have done this anyway. I just wanted to know if anyone had experienced these type of Tulip ears I think they are called) with their puppies and if they remained stuck up like this forever as adult dogs? I don't know whether as time goes on he will grow into his ears or if they will eventually go into the rose shape or whether he will just look a little strange, not that it matters hugely as we love him for what he is and he is still extremely cute. He is definately going through that gangly look stage at the moment but is beginning to fill out. Any replies and photos on this matter of other bullies with their strange ears would be interesting :)

Attachments

• Dubai-20120623-00058.jpg
    Dubai-20120623-00058.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 838

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Oh my:heart: That is the most severe and totally endearing set of ears I've ever seen! He is truly special. You can glue his ears with the glue that is used for false eye lashes or you can leave them be. At least in the cases I know of they haven't developed in to roses by them selves.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Those two are completely adorable. I love Nelsons ears as is. I think it enhances his personality.:luv:

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Omg!! How cute!! I love his ears just the way they are.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I've NEVER seen ears like this on an EB ---- and they are AWESOME!

I think you're going to start a new fashion trend with these adorable ears.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
My Linus had an ear that stood up when he was a baby and the lady who bred him glue it down. Once we got him, though, it didn't make a difference to me so I let them go as they wanted to and he ended up with typical bulldog ears.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm with everyone else! He's wonderful the way he is..and I bet he's not finished changing yet! We do have some others with tulip ears..I'm sure they'll find their way here eventually. He's adorable.. :yes:

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Those ears are too cute! He is adorable!!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I love those ears! (although Pinky and the Brain did start playing in my head when I opened the pic lol)

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I think he's super adorable. I'd leave them as is if he's healthy and happy. My Punkin's left ear is up like that and always thought that it's one of his endearing qualities. :)

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.