Another Rough Day!

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
So we were without power all day again today. It was really rough! The temp got up to 98 degrees today. I was getting really nervous with our little man. He was having a really rough time. My parents, who live in the boonies, got their power back in the AM. They don't have A/C, never have, but at least they had fans! I was having a really hard time getting Tubs cool. I ended up taking him to my parent's house and giving him a cool bath....he needed on anyway. Then we put him in his kennel and placed fans around him. Finally, he cooled down! When we got home tonight we finally had power! The house was 90 degrees inside, so we closed it all up and now it is finally cooling down and Tubs is finally relaxing. My husband and I went out for a run and the houses on the streets around us are still out, so we are very lucky! I just wanted my power back on for Tubs and the food. I was fine not having a TV, lights, etc.! I am so glad my baby boy can finally relax....now I can too!!!! Praying for everyone else out there who is still without power and hoping they get back up and running soon!!!!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
WOW.... so good to hear the power is back and Tubs is doing better

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It sucks being without power, so glad you have it on now and Tubs is doing fine.

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
ughhh,...having lived down south for 15 plus years many of my good friends are without power until this weekend at least....thank god for parents with generators living close by...never thought i would say that

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Poor boy! I was wondering if any of my fellow ebn pals were affected by the power outage. I am glad you all can finally relax now!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I guess it's time to get Tubbs his own generator....LOL

I know the feeling. No one has AC here in Washington really, but I bought a stand alone unit for Mable when I used to live in my condo. ha ha It worked good. You plugged it in and vented the hot air up the fireplace flue. Sadly, the Ex got it in the divorce. Pffft.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Poor Tubs! Cooling thoughts coming your way from Finland.

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
I guess it's time to get Tubbs his own generator....LOL

I know the feeling. No one has AC here in Washington really, but I bought a stand alone unit for Mable when I used to live in my condo. ha ha It worked good. You plugged it in and vented the hot air up the fireplace flue. Sadly, the Ex got it in the divorce. Pffft.

I think you are right.....no one has any generators left at this point, but when all of this settles down and the prices of the generators go down I will be getting on. Hurricane Irene was a candle blow compared to this unpredicted storm!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
:whew: so glad you finally got power! We have a generator for backup if needed, worth every penny for piece of mind. We initially got ours for NASCAR races in our RV but it has proved to be useful in summer when we lose power from monsoon storms. Luckily the power has come back on in just a few hours and the storms cool things off for a while, but if a big one hits we will be ready. Reading your post has made me certainly come up with a game plan if it does happen!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm so happy you got your power back! Poor Tubs....we have a generator..err had..my hubby sold it so we could get a better..quieter one. Which, by the way we did NOT have when our power was out for 4 days! :cursing: I've been watching the news and just feeling so bad for everyone.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm so glad you finally got your power back!!! We lost power for just over 24 hours last summer, but we were lucky that it hit at a time when the temps were a little lower than normal so none of the bullys really suffered too much!!!!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my i was wondering bout this. im so glad tubbs is ok. we have these outages to but thanks goodness it didnt hit us. i thought what would we do to cool sarah down. the boys have pools outside but im sure the water is hot. it scared me of her getting so hot. also we have a well so no power means no water either. we are going to get a generator for times such as these so we dont have to worry bout sarah. i worry for the people here and other places who still have no power. bf mom was without for 2 days. last time we lost power for the night thanks goodness it was cool and we opened windows.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
My husband and I were talking about this issue. It's 2012. All of our lines are buried under ground, doesn't it make sense to do this everywhere? our electric has hardly ever gone out. Only for very short period of time, if main lines have gone down that supply us somewhere distant. I think the government could use this as a stimulus to create jobs. It would save money in the long run too. all those guys out there now trying to restore power could be at home enjoying the power like everyone else. Just saying :whew:

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
i have underground lines also...i have lost power once in 5 years of living in my condo and that was the huge snowstorm we had in october last year. i actually didn't lose it till the next day when they had to shut the power to fix the power...any issues are always a ways down the road where the lines come up to the street

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.