A crazy day.....far from over!

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
So a major storm blew through south Jersey last night around 1:30am. We lost power and when the dust settled it was a lot worse then we imagined! We are in a state of emergency and will not be getting our power back for 3-5 days. This was so much worse than hurricane Irene and it hit us without warning. Trees are down everywhere along with power lines and poles. I wouldnt mind all of this so much but no electricity means no A/C in 85-90the degree weather. I can handle it, but poor Tubs has had a rough day! I have been doing my best to keep him cool with his gel mat, a little fan and what little ice we have. All stores are without electricity too so i can't even take him to PetSmart to get out of the heat and tomorrow is suppose to be hotter! He is being a trooper though! All i have to say is no one was hurt (that I know of....can't watch the news....so that is a good thing). There will be a lot of grilling this week to save what is in our freezers and fridge and a lot of ice buying for Tubs and the rest of the food! I have pictures of the craziness that i will post once i am able to get on the computer. Don't mind the typing mistakes...this is on my phone. Anyone in South Jersey....hope you all weathered the storm and arw only waiting for electric!!!!!! I'll be back in touch soon!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh man! I know how you feel. We were without power for a few days but it was cold! Poor Tubbs! Poor Mom too! Weird freaky weather....everywhere!!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
[MENTION=1863]speechmom53[/MENTION] I've been worried about all that. It just missed us. Thank God you's weren't injured. the storm had killed 9

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Thanks for posting [MENTION=1863]speechmom53[/MENTION] , i was reading about the E.Coast storms on CNN website and hearing about it on the news. This is really bad. Sadly, i understand there were some lives lost as a result of the storm. I hope your power comes back on sooner than expected. Take good care and keep us updated.

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
I am so sorry to jear that lives were lost....we will deal with the power outage and heat and be very thankful that is all we have to deal with. Praying for the families who suffered losses!!!!!!possessions

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Oh my goodness where have I been???? I knew nothing about it...I am in North Jersey Union County area.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Storms were really bad through where most of my family live in Ohio. My DIL said it's projected they will be without power at their apt. until July 7th. They are staying with her mom though and power was restored at her house last night.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.