Pet Insurance

Mountainlover

Jun 19, 2012
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I recall reading about pet insurance on here but can't seem to find the information again. What pet insurance would you recommend and why? :confused: I think we are going to purchase it since I have read about so many bulldog health issues on here.

OP
Mountainlover

Mountainlover

Jun 19, 2012
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
We have Trupanion too. They've never given me a problem with a claim and I usually get a check within 2 weeks. I think they're great

If you go with them, choose plain old Bulldog as the breed.

OP
Mountainlover

Mountainlover

Jun 19, 2012
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I just read that thread. Lots of great information there! Thanks again! Trupanion looks like the best choice for us. I was thinking of $1000 deductible to keep the premiums down.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I just read that thread. Lots of great information there! Thanks again! Trupanion looks like the best choice for us. I was thinking of $1000 deductible to keep the premiums down.

I started with $500 deductible..and the optional hip dysphasia coverage..I think our premiums were $32.. After first year the same coverage was going to be $70..so I increased deductible to $1000 and it's now $34 ..I think.. means it'll only be there for major stuff..but it sure makes me more comfortable.

Petplan is another good choice..[MENTION=2091]BabyDuke[/MENTION] is very happy with them!

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Got bubba ins through trupanion. Pay 50 bucks a month. For
100 dOllar deductible with 90%
Coverage...including hip displasia. Just in Case. I just sent off claims
For Allergy testing a week ago and
they emailed me
Saying they just sent a check. So far so long good!

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
I chose Pet Plan insurance. http://www.gopetplan.com/ We didn't get insurance for Aubrey, and we learned our lesson. Aubie was insured from the day we brought her home. We haven't had to use it, but I feel better knowing its there if we need it. We were so blind sided by Aubrey's condition that we want to make sure we have a plan for the future. I highly recommend getting pet insurance, even if you never use it.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Got bubba ins through trupanion. Pay 50 bucks a month. For
100 dOllar deductible with 90%
Coverage...including hip displasia. Just in Case. I just sent off claims
For Allergy testing a week ago and
they emailed me
Saying they just sent a check. So far so long good!

I wonder what the difference between Abby and Bubba is? The age maybe? I pay 55.00 a month with a 50.00 deductible. We also have the optional benefits package for hip dysplasia, acupuncture and physical therapy.

ccurran

Apr 17, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Bulldog(s) Names
Seamus
I am going to get Healthy Paws for our little guy. We are going to sign him up right when we get him. There is a 15 day waiting period and as long as nothing goes wrong during that time everything should be covered. In terms of hip displasia, as long it doesn't show up within the first year then it is covered for life. We are going to pay around $65 per month for 90% coverage, $100 deductible, no annual or per incident limits on claims and unlimited lifetime benefits per pet.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
I chose Pet Plan insurance. http://www.gopetplan.com/ We didn't get insurance for Aubrey, and we learned our lesson. Aubie was insured from the day we brought her home. We haven't had to use it, but I feel better knowing its there if we need it. We were so blind sided by Aubrey's condition that we want to make sure we have a plan for the future. I highly recommend getting pet insurance, even if you never use it.
We have this plan as well. they have been amazing. very quick to pay. paid for allergy testing, entropian surgery.. all ER visits etc. :)

Howardsmom

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Howard
We have healthy paws for Howard and it has been wonderful. It's covered an ear infection, tummy bug, UTI, skin scrapes, and most recently cherry eye surgery. We pay around 70 I think for 90% coverage with a $50 deductible

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.