TUCKER... and a big thank you to EBN

Tucker

Apr 13, 2012
Ingersoll ON
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
So its been a while since Ive had a chance to post on here about Tucker.

He recovered amazingly well from the pnemonia and pallet surgeries. We were really lucky to have a great medical team at University of Guelph looking after him.

Recently he had both his eyes operated on for cherry eye. We had this done when they neutered him again at the univeristy of guelph. All went well. Although, one eye didnt seem to take, and we have cherry eye back again.

We have been battleing since we got him with a soft poop issue, not diaharea but soft serve looking poop.

We just started to change him from then EN Diet the vet put him on to Fromm. I think its a allergy to grain and chicken, and the vet just wanted us to wait a little longer and keep giving him pills to settle his stomache down.

I dont want to keep feeding him pills, while they collect money from us each month/week for pills. I have approached them for allergy testing and they said they would like him to see a nutrionalist first and blah blah blah. Our vet has been amazing in every other dept with Tucker, so it was hard to go against thier recommendations.

We made the switch last night ( 50/50 fromm/EN ) and he seems to really like the fromm grain free salmon and tuna ( they didnt have the beef, thier going to get me a bag in ). I figure its a $20 experiment and may cure his upset belly and shedding problems.

I just want to thank everyone who post on EBN for the info, the kind words when tucker was not well at all. If it wasnt for the positive support we got from here it would have been hard to keep or chins up through that hard time.

Hes now 7 months old and very happy. Were working on some training to make him even happier and he seems to be responding well to it.

And he loves his jeep rides on the weekends with the top down.

Thanks again EBN - this is a great website and I hope to become more active.

Billy

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
So great to hear Tucker is doing better! I've never heard of seeing a nutritionist before an allergy test, seems like first you'd do the allergy test and the nutritionist will then know what foods are forbidden! I agree..with trying a new food..what do you have to lose? I might suggest you go a bit slower with the transition. Maybe 3/4 old..1/4 new for a few days..then 1/2. And 1/2. For few days..then3/4 new and 1/2 old for few days..then all new! Much easier on their tummies! Can also add a spoonful of canned pumpkin (not pie filling).. 100% canned pumpkin..to the kibble..good luck and Tucker is such a lucky bully!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Tucker has already been through so much! Let's hope that he is on the way to less traumatic days! I agree with jakeisgreat, a bit slower on the transition because it is a totally different food especially the quailty, I hope it works well for him!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh we've missed you and Tucker! I'm glad the UofG is taking really good care of him. Hopefully the food change will help clear his tummy issues, it seems to be a common theme for pups when they get a little older. But don't fret, ebn have become an 'expert' at solving it. :D

Thanks so much for the kind words, but it's really the loving parent(s) that deserves the most praise. :up:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So happy he is getting better and hope he does good on the new food.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So happy to hear he is coming along... Fromm has done great for so many I sure do hope it puts him on a better road. [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] is right on the transition... it is better for his belly and intestine to go slow

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
More active means more pics of Tucker. **ahem** Cough Cough. Just a suggestion.....:photo: (or you'll be shamed off the site by the pic zealots here.)

Most Reactions