This waiting is so hard!

Mountainlover

Jun 19, 2012
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
We thought the timing for our puppy was perfect...after our vacations were over. However, I find myself thinking about him all the time. Wondering what he's doing, how he's doing, what his personality will be like, what he will look like, how he will get along with our other dog, did we pick the right puppy out of the litter, etc. It's driving me crazy! What did you do to pass the time? I don't want to waste my summer away wishing it was time to pick him up.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
No help here, I have never gotten a puppy and waited. :( Like having skin babies, the wait is the toughest part.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
When are you supposed to get your new puppy?

I had to wait about 6 weeks til I got my first boy, Tate. I used that time to read up as much as I could about the breed, I lurked on this site as well as asked a lot of questions, I researched toys, beds, food. I tried to think of ways to puppy proof my home. I thought of names...

before I knew it, March 26, 2011 came by and I had to pick my baby up!

but i understand, waiting can be agony...it will be well worth it though!

OP
Mountainlover

Mountainlover

Jun 19, 2012
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
When are you supposed to get your new puppy?

I had to wait about 6 weeks til I got my first boy, Tate. I used that time to read up as much as I could about the breed, I lurked on this site as well as asked a lot of questions, I researched toys, beds, food. I tried to think of ways to puppy proof my home. I thought of names...

before I knew it, March 26, 2011 came by and I had to pick my baby up!

but i understand, waiting can be agony...it will be well worth it though!

We can pick him up anytime after August 7, but it will most likely be around the 11 because we are taking one last little trip to the mountains first. An agonizing 8 week wait. (We were on the breeder's wait list for this litter) I know we won't be able to travel (very easily at least) for a while after we get him. We are picking him up on our way home. I have been reading up a lot on this site, and I'm also reading a Cesar Millan book on training that was recommended on here. We are still trying to decide on a name. We have never had any luck with dog beds, they always seemed to get chewed up. Our current dog has a soft blanket in her cage and she loves to sleep on that or on our laps or furniture.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Just hang here with us! There's so much great info here and you will be so prepared! But..I do remember how slow the time passed waiting 6 weeks for Jake! We can hardly wait either! :up:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
like Becky stated... hang with us and we will help ya through it....

Texkota

Jun 21, 2012
South Riding, VA
Bulldog(s) Names
Renzo
I'm playing the waiting game myself so I completely understand where you're coming from. I spend a lot of my spare time reading up on bulldogs, trying to learn everything I can. Good luck, can't wait to see your new bully.

Kassie

May 15, 2012
Alabama
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus McGee
I can be of NO help! We have been waiting for what seems like FOREVER (actually about 2months). When we started looking we found a litter of pups ready to go then, but they were a BYB and I didn't feel comfortable supporting them. So we began instead of puppy searching-breeder searching. Then the wait began lol I still have to wait until next week to go pick up Rufus, and I am going MAD :jump:

If I had ANY words of wisdom its spend the extra effort getting ready for your puppy. Wrinkle care stuff, and obviously you have toys and such, & NAME SEARCH. OMG, I have 3 pages of possible dog names and I SWEAR 'Rufus' isn't on any of them :laugh:

Congrats on the new baby BTW =]=]=]

OP
Mountainlover

Mountainlover

Jun 19, 2012
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I can be of NO help! We have been waiting for what seems like FOREVER (actually about 2months). When we started looking we found a litter of pups ready to go then, but they were a BYB and I didn't feel comfortable supporting them. So we began instead of puppy searching-breeder searching. Then the wait began lol I still have to wait until next week to go pick up Rufus, and I am going MAD :jump:

If I had ANY words of wisdom its spend the extra effort getting ready for your puppy. Wrinkle care stuff, and obviously you have toys and such, & NAME SEARCH. OMG, I have 3 pages of possible dog names and I SWEAR 'Rufus' isn't on any of them :laugh:

Congrats on the new baby BTW =]=]=]

What is BYB? (Edited to add: I'm a little slow sometimes lol...back yard breeder) Any great names you want to pass along? We still haven't agreed on one...not that I will have much say.

Last edited:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
The waiting can be so difficult ... but you are in the best place cos not only will we be almost as excited as you for the arrival, but whilst you're killing time here you can read up on all the great stories and advice that our EBN members have to offer!! :up:

Before you know it ...you'll have your bully baby in your arms!! :yes:

Kassie

May 15, 2012
Alabama
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus McGee
Any great names you want to pass along?

wow. I don't even know where to begin lol Some that we narrowed down to was

Boy Names: Knox, Cash (kind of a joke lol), Bear (we do live in Crimson Tide Country), Louie, and Jamison. Two names we fought over was Spike (my son is still standing his ground) and Jager (awesome name/drink-my personal fav., but we have 2kids in Christian private schools...)

Girl Names: Eleanore (call her Ellie), Gertrude (Gerty), or LuLu

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Isn't that a shame though? You wait for what seems like an ETERNITY to pick up that precious ball of wrinkles and then, it seems like the next day they're all grown up! Savor!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.