Steps?

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
I need recommendations on steps to help my poor Katara on and off the bed. She has the moderate patellar luxation and i don't want her jumping off.. It is getting very difficult to be carrying them up and down all the time.. It used to be that they would stay in bed with me a long time, but now they just want to be down playing on the ground.. it must just be too hot for them on the bed.. thank!

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I don't know any specific brands, but steps are probably a really good idea if she has knee problems. Don't want it getting any worse, you know?

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
We found a set at Petsmart for around $30. Remy is actually the only one who uses them to get on the bed and no one will use them to get off the bed. Maybe Katara will use them.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ana.. My neighbor just got some cedar ones made by the Amish! She found them online and they are very sturdy. I don't have the website info but my daughter found them by googling. I'll check with her and see if I can give you more specific info!

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Poor Bubba is not allowed on the bed. :( My 2 terriers have always slept in the bed. I do have steps for them but they only use them to get into bed. I think the steps and too steep to use to get off bed.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I LOVE my steps but they were bought on ebay many years ago and the seller no longer is on there or making them. BUT it would be very easy to make actually since Cutty chewed part of the carpeting off years ago, I can see what they used. lol It is like a dense Styrofoam type of material that I can even stand on and no give. They cut a big base and a step to fit on top, glued together (cant remember what type of glue it takes but would have to ask at a crafts store cuz some will eat thru the Styrofoam. Then they just glued some cheap carpet over. They are lightweight and VERY durable. Too bad they arent in business anymore. :( Have never seen anything like it since for sell.

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Your talking to a woman who took down her bed so her bulldog didn't have to step any higher than the temperpedic mattress on the floor.....but I have seen very nice looking steps in the Orvis catalog.

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Your talking to a woman who took down her bed so her bulldog didn't have to step any higher than the temperpedic mattress on the floor.....but I have seen very nice looking steps in the Orvis catalog.
you are a wonderful momma to your babies! :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online