1 step closer!!

jlj781

Jun 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy Bufflyn (2011-2019)
Hey, im sure this information is all over this site and other sites alike but i just wanted to ask and see what you guys thought. so weve found what we think is a good breeder, with puppies due within the week and we were just wondering what questions are the most important to make sure we ask the breeder to ensure we have the least amount of problems with our new puppy. This is going to be our first bulldog and we are very excited just want to make sure as little as possible goes wrong! thanks for the help!

Texkota

Jun 21, 2012
South Riding, VA
Bulldog(s) Names
Renzo
Probably the most important question to ask is, Can we see your home? If a breeder will not allow you to see where the pups were born and taken care of, you need to run, run away. You also want to see the dam and the sire, sometimes the sire is not on site, if this is the case ask for pictures of the sire. Ask who their vet is, you can talk to the vet and see if he/she has any concerns about the breeder. Ask for the pedigree and ask about the registration. Will you get full or limited registration. Do you have breeding rights. Ask what they feed their bullies as well as the pups. There are tons more, but you will be able to learn a lot from these. You can bring the answers back to EBN and someone will be able to tell you if your breeder is reputable or not.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Some great advise above. Any good breeder will be glad to show you around their kennel and their bullies.

OP
jlj781

jlj781

Jun 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy Bufflyn (2011-2019)
hey thanks for the great information

heres what the website says about the puppies:

"All puppies come with a one year health guarantee, microchip and first vaccinations. Every puppy has been Veterinarian checked with a clean record of health. All puppies are sold with a non- breeding agreement to non- smoking homes. You will receive a crate and your new puppies personal toy, a supply of food to aid in the transition of the food you decide to use. All puppies come with 6 weeks of Petsecure insurance. All puppies are CKC and/or UKC registered."

does everything sound fine in that or should further questions be asked about any of it?

also we will be talking in person and i plan on visiting the site.

thanks again

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Let's get [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] back here to help you with that breeder post. I bet you're so excited! :D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
hey thanks for the great information

heres what the website says about the puppies:

"All puppies come with a one year health guarantee, microchip and first vaccinations. Every puppy has been Veterinarian checked with a clean record of health. All puppies are sold with a non- breeding agreement to non- smoking homes. You will receive a crate and your new puppies personal toy, a supply of food to aid in the transition of the food you decide to use. All puppies come with 6 weeks of Petsecure insurance. All puppies are CKC and/or UKC registered."

does everything sound fine in that or should further questions be asked about any of it?

also we will be talking in person and i plan on visiting the site.

thanks again

Very impressive ...

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I am impressed they state a Non smoking home! Good Luck in your adventure. Don't forget to post photos once you have a little one picked out.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
They sound like a good breeder, but talk on the internet is cheap. When you visit them you will know right off if they are as good as they say they are. Their place should be clean, their bullies should be clean and well taken care of. They should be able to show you vet records for their bullies and pups. They should be glad to show you their sire and dam, if the sire is on location which sometimes they are not, but they should tell you who owns him and you should be able to talk to them if you wish. A good breeder will be proud to show you their bullies, even the sire owner. Sometimes the sire owner is from another city or state even, but they will be glad to talk to you about their boy.I like that they microchip their pups and the other things they do. Plus they should want you to stay in contact with them a your baby grows and will want to see pics of him or her. Ready to answer your questions if you have any and stand behind their bullies if you ever have a health problem with them. Plus want you to contact them first if for any reason you can not keep your bully for what ever reason. This is what I do and other reputable breeders that I know do. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
They do sound really good. You'd really have to go visit in person first to know for sure. Good luck!

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online