My 5 month old Eb wheight??

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Pet stores are the worse place to buy puppies. I have no clue if your dog is "normal". They vary greatly in weight..and all grow at different rates. You should post a picture so maybe people can see him.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Well, 52lbs at 5 months does sound like a lot of weight. Did you have him evaluated by his vet? He/she would be able to guide you in terms of your bully's age and wt., and if he's overweight at this point or not. Also a good idea to see if there's any underlying cause that is contributing to his weight gain. Bulldogs come in all different sizes so it's hard to answer your question w/out more background.

Would love to see a picture of your guy! :)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Brutus is now about that at 56lbs at 12 months..They do grow different but at 5 1/2 mnths that seems a little much...

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Arnold now weighs 70 pounds of lean muscle (The Westie's contribution, lol!!). He was probably around 50 at 6 months maybe a little less. However, I agree with everyone else that pix say 1000 words!!

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
That is a big bulldog, my Aldo is 48 lbs at 9.5 months.. now, that being said I do remember here seeing a picture once of an 80lbs purebred bulldog that had a massive head... so, it is a possibility that he will just be a big purebred.. but, as @JAKEISGREAT said, I wouldn't trust a petstore, without seeing his parents you never know if he is really purebred or not.. I would also love to see a picture!! welcome to ebn! this is the best place for bulldog info!!

most full grown male bulldogs are probably around 42-70 lbs.. I would say 90% fall within this range.. what do you think [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Hi and welcome! I agree with everyone else that a pic would be best for us to be able to tell.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would like to see a pic. 52 lbs. does sound like a lot. Coming from a pet store he could be mixed with an Olde English, or could be all Olde English. They will get about a 100 lbs. Or he could just be a big boy and slightly over weight. Without a pic there in no telling.

mdawson808

Jan 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Carmine
I understand the risks of buying from a pet store, it is always looked downed upon. So what people are saying is its better to let the pup sit there? Or even worse possibly taken to a pound? I don't get it. Isn't there a chance that it could still be the best dog you could ever own?

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
I understand the risks of buying from a pet store, it is always looked downed upon. So what people are saying is its better to let the pup sit there? Or even worse possibly taken to a pound? I don't get it. Isn't there a chance that it could still be the best dog you could ever own?
the problem from buying from a petstore is not that the puppy is not worthy of a family, or that he could not become a great pet. Not at all, many of our members have had pet store pups and have loved them dearly.. The issue is that by buying a puppy from a petstore, we are unknowingly supporting inhumane and cruel business that abuse animals.. by bringing that puppy home we are putting money in the bank of people that don't care about the breed or the animals, they care about money. People that have puppy mills full of disease and uncleanliness, people that import sick puppies from other countries.. People that do not care about genetic conditions their dogs might have and is passed on to those puppies that are so cute behind the pet store window. We all love puppies and yes, they are cute, and it is so sad to leave them there.. but there are excellent breeders out there that care to breed only healthy dogs, that keep their kennels immaculate, that take their puppies to the vet, that are honest about the registration papers.. those are the breeders people need to be adopting their puppies from. Do you see what I mean.. I think every single one of us has walked down the pet store aisle and had a hard time not bringing those pups home.. but with what I know now, I could not ever bring another pet store baby home.. and my job now is to educate others about what is happening with those babies.. how sick they are, how they are sometimes mixed pups, how they have genetic conditions that were unknown, how the "breeders" take advantage of their parents and keep them crated for their entire lives. it is very sad.. It was a great question, thank you for asking it! :)

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
There is a great article about petstore pets in this forum somewhere maybe one of the mods can find it for me.. [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION]

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=5241]Antonio Perez[/MENTION] , wanted to also welcome you to the site! We are looking forward to getting to know you and your bully more and we're looking to seeing some photos of your boy!:welcome:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online