My 5 month old Eb wheight??

xxPAKIxx

May 4, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank
Hi my english bulldog is a purebreed got him from at petstore akc registered when i got him he was just 12 lbs and 2 month old now he is 52lbs amd 5 and half months but he doesnt look fat or overweight he is short nd stocky is it normal?

Hi everyone, I'm actually in the same boat like Antonio here, I purchase my bulldog from a high end pet store (first dog, I honestly didn't know anything about puppy mills)... And I also am wondering about my bullies size. He's going to be 6 months in a week and weighs almost 50 lbs..... I was Wondering if he's purebred or not.....
b84b1c6d-d851-369e.jpg
b84b1c6d-d89d-dc1d.jpg
b84b1c6d-d8b6-f2f4.jpg

b84b1c7d-d8ed-f499.jpg

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
[MENTION=4829]xxPAKIxx[/MENTION] He looks absolutely perfect and lovable, but more american than english in my opinion. He is lean and long legged with big paws still. Looks like there's another 50 lbs coming......

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Hi everyone, I'm actually in the same boat like Antonio here, I purchase my bulldog from a high end pet store (first dog, I honestly didn't know anything about puppy mills)... And I also am wondering about my bullies size. He's going to be 6 months in a week and weighs almost 50 lbs..... I was Wondering if he's purebred or not.....
b84b1c6d-d851-369e.jpg
b84b1c6d-d89d-dc1d.jpg
b84b1c6d-d8b6-f2f4.jpg

b84b1c7d-d8ed-f499.jpg
Your baby is beautiful! He could not br any
more perfect! I cannot tell for sure yet but I do think there is a little bit of olde english in him. His legs are longer and muzzle a bit longer too. That being said it will be interesting to see him grow up some purebred english are bigger, have longer muzzle and legs so he might stll be purebred. It is just what I'm leaning toward at this point. He sure is beautiful though! And the way he looks at you! That love! That's what it's all about! <3

OP
A

Antonio Perez

Jun 26, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
and i know it wasent the best desicion to buy at a petstore but i contacted the breeder from whom i got him and met them before taking my puppy home and was very pleased with what i saw and thats the reason why i purchased him at the pet store but please let me know what you guys think about his weight the vet checked him and said he seem fine and that his weight might be because he hast a ton of extra skin as you can see

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
[MENTION=5241]Antonio Perez[/MENTION] WHAT A CUTIE!!!!!! Now not having had a baby english I cant say if he should be so pudgy but he is pudgy for sure. Not overly fat or anything. I got Cutty when he was 9 months and he looked to be what I felt was too thin. Turns out I know nothing. haha He was perfect and had a big tummy tuck when standing above. For adults anyhow they say that you should be able to see the tuck from above and feel the rib but not see the rib, I believe. But being so young I am not sure the rules apply. Others will know. All I can say is keeping your baby to their lean, perfect weight is hard but will SO help down the road with hips etc. I had felt that Cutty had gotten a tad too thin lately and every vet we see says he is more than perfect size. Also I hope you dont think anyone is bashing you for buying him at the petstore. None of us are perfect and many have gotten their first babies at pet stores. I too was uneducated but had a friend tell me to make sure to get a good bred pup thankfully or I would have not known better either. ;)

[MENTION=4829]xxPAKIxx[/MENTION] all I can say for sure that could be a sign is the snout is a bit longer. BUT to me I see bully aside from that. Either way your baby is beautiful and unless you plan on showing or breeding it doesnt matter what kind of bully. ;)

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
I agree with @cali Jenn both babies are bullyful!

and [MENTION=5241]Antonio Perez[/MENTION] I think your vet is right, your bag does not look overweight for a 5 month old. I would just watch his weight closely.. He is so lovable!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Your bully's are beautiful. Happy, healthy, and get along well with other's ? No problem I can see. Enjoy the love you share. Congrats to you and your new puppies. And welcome to EBN
[MENTION=5241]Antonio Perez[/MENTION] [MENTION=4829]xxPAKIxx[/MENTION]

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
@Antonio Perez @xxPAKIxx

Both your bullies look perfect. Not fat nor skinny. Thinking they're going through a teenage phase, that's why their legs seem longer. EBs come in all different sizes so don't be too worried about abiding by the avg bully weight, rather, go with how your bully looks.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
They both look great to me. Diesel is just a big boy, but doesn't look over weight.

xxPAKIxx

May 4, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank
Thank you to everyone feels good to hear from other bulldog lovers

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
[MENTION=4829]xxPAKIxx[/MENTION] I personally think the DNA tests are a load of crap. I've known people with high quality show dogs that they know for a fact are purebred because the dogs are all their lines, and it would say they had some random breeds in there. I've read articles like that too. I personally wouldn't waste my money.

Diesel is a beautiful dog. Like everyone has said, bullies come in all shapes and sizes. My 3 year old only weighed 37 lbs at the vet today..she's all lean muscle. Diesel looks beautiful and happy. Maybe a bit pudgy, but if you just keep an eye on him it should be okay. Bullies are prone to being overweight.

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
b84b1c6d-d851-369e.jpg
b84b1c6d-d89d-dc1d.jpg
b84b1c6d-d8b6-f2f4.jpg

b84b1c7d-d8ed-f499.jpg

I would question his age actually one thing that I know pet stores do is they don't feed there pups a lot to keep them small puppy size and adorable because that's what people want to buy. He looks closer to a 8 months size. You got him now love him and don't worry about the past just love him lots.

Sent from my iPad
Frank & Bongo

xxPAKIxx

May 4, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank
I would question his age actually one thing that I know pet stores do is they don't feed there pups a lot to keep them small puppy size and adorable because that's what people want to buy. He looks closer to a 8 months size. You got him now love him and don't worry about the past just love him lots.

Sent from my iPad
Frank & Bongo

Oh believe me he gets tons of loving :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.