Snowy keeps ripping her bed!

EBDR35

Oct 4, 2011
I bought Snowy a new bed recently,

this one specifically

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005CWUS26/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00

It's pretty pricey since its a Memory Foam pad.

The bed comes with a water proof layer that is pretty sturdy, but the stupid zipper broke so i can not seem to put it back on, so lately I've been using some sheets from my bed that I dont use anymore, but snowy rips right through them with either her nails or teeth. She wasn't able to rip the top layer that it came with but since the zipper broke i cant put it back on which leaves the memory foam pad exposed and shes already taken quite a few chunks out of it which is not good.

Do you guys know of any good material that is hard to rip? I want to wrap it around the memory foam pad

any help would be appreciated thanks.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
that's why i don't buy nice beds for my boys anymore. I think since I've had them they've gone through 6 beds already (not to mention my own queen size one)! I got them one of those orthopedic beds from Cesar Milan...cost me a freakin' small fortune, and just a couple days later...ripped, torn to shreds. I know Cesar would've probably said "it's not what they're eating, it's what's eating them", or something like that, but i had enough and just got them two cheap crate pads at Target and no more beds. (Boy, felt good to get all that off my chest)!

Sorry i couldn't be of more help!

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
Been there, done that. Now I resort to buying the cheap beds at Ross. Good quality beds but cost very little so its no biggie to replace.

OP
EBDR35

EBDR35

Oct 4, 2011
I would like to continue using this orthepedic type bed to prevent hip displaysia or anything similar. Plus it was pretty pricey for a bed!

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
I don't know how the original cover is constructed, but would it be possible to take it to a tailor and have the zipper replaced?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
My boys basically outgrew the habit, there was no stopping them before. :no: As a temp solution, I'd wrap the bed in a blanket for now so it's useable, and maybe wait until she outgrows the habit before purchasing another expensive one.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
why not take the cover to a tailor to get it replaced?

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Someone that does alterations could replace the zipper.
Ruggles is a bed shredder too so I bought crate liners from K-9 Ballistics. I cut off the label because that helps start the chewing. We've had them at least a couple months and he hasn't shredded them!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jake has eaten..yes..eaten. 6 beds. Now he only gets to lay on a bed at night..with us in the room! :cursing: it's not much fun to pull strings from his butt that survived the barfing .....nope...not fun at all....:cursing:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online