Great News!

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
I would contact them directly. At our assisted living we allow our residents' families and staff to bring their dogs by to visit and we have puppies from the local shelter visit. I'm not sure how nursing homes are.

Yea, I'll give them a call to find out for sure. After doing a search on google it appears that he would need a basic manners class and then 6 weeks of therapy training.

Most of these guys never get visitors. The local DAV chapter use to hold meetings there which was great for these guys because it gave them the chance to interact with others besides the nursing home staff. We just recently found out though that they haven't held meetings there in about 2 years. With us moving to the area, my husband and I are hoping to revive the chapter and the meetings. (Hubs is Oklahoma State DAV Commander and I'm the State Treasurer for the ladies). My kids are all for visiting the nursing home and doing projects. There are a few local groups who said they would help with funding the projects as well. I just thought how great it would be to take Beefy or my other dogs for that matter, to visit.(German shepherd, English Mastiff, and new EB pup soon). Most of these guys haven't felt the love of a pet in years. I want to see these guys smile.

Members online