Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Great News!

Great job Tubs and mamma!! Congrats to all
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Krista
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug
    Likes (Received)

Congrats Tubs!! I hope to hear of your therapy experiences. I work at an assisted living. I used to bring Aubrey to work every week and the residents loved her. Now I'm bringing Shug to work and they all love her too; thank goodness she is wild at home but on her best behavior there! She eats up the attention and I like that she's getting used to people of all ages paying her attention.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Krista
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jen74401 View Post
    That's awesome! Congrats!

Question though, how did you go about getting him started on therapy training? There is a Veteran nursing home near where I'm moving and I'd love to be able to take Beefy to visit.
    I would contact them directly. At our assisted living we allow our residents' families and staff to bring their dogs by to visit and we have puppies from the local shelter visit. I'm not sure how nursing homes are.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Beefy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AubreysMom View Post
    I would contact them directly. At our assisted living we allow our residents' families and staff to bring their dogs by to visit and we have puppies from the local shelter visit. I'm not sure how nursing homes are.
    Yea, I'll give them a call to find out for sure. After doing a search on google it appears that he would need a basic manners class and then 6 weeks of therapy training.

Most of these guys never get visitors. The local DAV chapter use to hold meetings there which was great for these guys because it gave them the chance to interact with others besides the nursing home staff. We just recently found out though that they haven't held meetings there in about 2 years. With us moving to the area, my husband and I are hoping to revive the chapter and the meetings. (Hubs is Oklahoma State DAV Commander and I'm the State Treasurer for the ladies). My kids are all for visiting the nursing home and doing projects. There are a few local groups who said they would help with funding the projects as well. I just thought how great it would be to take Beefy or my other dogs for that matter, to visit.(German shepherd, English Mastiff, and new EB pup soon). Most of these guys haven't felt the love of a pet in years. I want to see these guys smile.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

My gosh you SHOULD be proud!!!! Congrats!!!! And I LOVE his picture. Looks like he is proud too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads