Great News!

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
I have been MIA again! This past month have been watching my little girl graduate from 8th grade and enjoy a wonderful graduation party with her friends! What a proud mommy she has made me......I have also been dealing with BOYS!!! UGH, not to mention this one I really don't like!!!!! (this too shall pass!!! (Right?????)).

Anywho......the main reason for my post!!!

It is official!!!! TUBS PASSED HIS THERAPY CERTIFICATION TEST LAST NIGHT. He also passed the CGC test!

One of the questions on the registration form was: Does your dog have any special skills? I responded with: He is so stinking cute! Everyone who meets him walks away with a smile on their face!!!

I think I may start a blog to report on all of Tubs' therapy experiences!!! I guess I need to figure all of that out!!

I will let everyone know when we have received all of our paperwork and we get started!!!! I can't wait! img_0063_#1.jpg This is Tubs' ID picture! Smile and all!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Congrats to Tubs and you, that's just fantastic.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
that's WONDERFUL news!! congratulations, Tubs! you will certainly make many people feel so much better. Bravo!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Tubs you are such an awesome bully! Congrats! Hugs to mom too!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
That's awesome! Congrats!

Question though, how did you go about getting him started on therapy training? There is a Veteran nursing home near where I'm moving and I'd love to be able to take Beefy to visit.

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs

Question though, how did you go about getting him started on therapy training? There is a Veteran nursing home near where I'm moving and I'd love to be able to take Beefy to visit.

It took me a lot of searching to find some place to get him certified. I actually have a great friend who lives 1 hour away, who went through the training. I did a lot of searching to find a place closer to my home. I couldn't find anything, so I decided to take the hour drive, up and back, for 16 weeks and it was well worth it!!!!! AKC is actually doing a lot of work and PR with therapy dogs. You may be able to go on to their website and search by states...... Good Luck!!!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Not all states require certification for dogs to "visit" a nursing home resident.

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
It took me a lot of searching to find some place to get him certified. I actually have a great friend who lives 1 hour away, who went through the training. I did a lot of searching to find a place closer to my home. I couldn't find anything, so I decided to take the hour drive, up and back, for 16 weeks and it was well worth it!!!!! AKC is actually doing a lot of work and PR with therapy dogs. You may be able to go on to their website and search by states...... Good Luck!!!

Thanks, I'll check into it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:happydance: Great job Tubs and mamma!! Congrats to all

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Congrats Tubs!! I hope to hear of your therapy experiences. I work at an assisted living. I used to bring Aubrey to work every week and the residents loved her. Now I'm bringing Shug to work and they all love her too; thank goodness she is wild at home but on her best behavior there! She eats up the attention and I like that she's getting used to people of all ages paying her attention.

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)

I would contact them directly. At our assisted living we allow our residents' families and staff to bring their dogs by to visit and we have puppies from the local shelter visit. I'm not sure how nursing homes are.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.