is this true?

Mountainlover

Jun 19, 2012
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Today someone who knew we are getting one said that they stink. Is that true or was he just around one that wasn't properly cared for?

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Mine don't stink unless they're dirty and that's a dirt smell. I would say the person you knew had one experience with one bully. Maybe he was dirty or had an infection, heck I don't know, but NO they don't stink. Well unless they fluff and then they can really stink....:laugh:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Hmmm, not really sure what that person's definition of "stink" is. I mean, bulldogs are dogs after all. Sometimes, when the boys haven't been bathed for awhile I will know it's time b/c they start to smell "gamey".

At my old vet's office, the front staff used to always say that Tate and Finn were probably the cleanest and nicest smelling EB's they've seen. They said many EB's in their clinic smelled bad and were not very clean. That surprised me b/c I've met many EB's and I've never once said to myself, 'hey, they smell bad!"
I dunno, I just love the way mine smell even when they let out a big one :fart: :heart:!

Last edited:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Mine don't stink that much either unless they really need a bath, and we don't bath them that much. Maybe once or twice a year, except for the face and booty cleanings several times a week.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
????? it smells like perfume to me, and I got 5 of them stinky buggers LOL hope you like corn chips.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
no different than any other dog. Really, it's all about the hygene.

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Only time Matilda smells is when she comes in from swimming with A.J.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I think that has a lot to do with good hygeine and a good diet.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Usko doesn't smell, not even like a dog. It's all about what they eat anh hygiene. He does smell of vanilla icecream after a bath....

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Ftse does not stink either unless he has been in the rain and then all dogs stink until they dry and I agree it all depends on the feed and hygiene.

Some people are just nasty when it comes to pets, I had someone tell me that they are ugly, and guess what that person was ugly, how can anyone say a Bully is ugly they are so adorable looking you just want to cuddle them all.

FTSE 101.jpg

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Wilson only smelled when he was allergic to what he was eating. Allergies can show up in skin infections and crusty scabby skin can smell really bad. So if your dog is on the right food then no he should not smell like anything other than a dog.

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Princess Gracie had a bit of an odor when she came here to rule but once we got her on a good food it went away. Now she smells like rose blossoms.... LOL... not really.. :laugh: :luv:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
As long as you practice good hygiene and good food you will have no smell, I personally have to wipe Vegas's face every 2-3 days or he does get an odor, but we live in Florida where it is very high humidity and heat and he sweats. Vegas also has a lot of environmental allergies which makes his eyes water and then they run into his face wrinkles. This too will cause an odor if not cleaned every couple days.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
????? it smells like perfume to me, and I got 5 of them stinky buggers LOL hope you like corn chips.

Corn Chips smell is a sign of Yeasty Beasties - Hydrogen Perioxide, Apple Cider Vinegar, and Water (1:1:2 ration) solution several times a day in the beginning will replace the Corn Chip smell with a definate...ahhh.. PICKLE Smell! (We have to Pickle Gizmo's feet occassionally!)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.